Anna to the Rescue

Anna tried her best to regain control of her emotions as they rode across the devastated campsites of the enemy, crying as she witnessed the fires burning out of control, the awful craters caused by the shell blasts and the countless soldiers and horses killed by the explosions.

The fallen soldiers had been mutilated by shrapnel in the most disturbing ways that you could imagine, and their severed arms, legs and even heads littered the ruins between the few mauled horses that were still trying to escape...

Why did Arendelle have to do this? Did war really need to be so dark and terrible?

Anna wondered for a moment whether she would have given the order to fire the guns anyway if she had known what they would do, but she quickly pushed those thoughts out of her mind and concentrated on the most important mission of the battle.

"I have the keys" Anna said, gasping as they came to a sudden halt at the entrance to the castle- "They must be locked in the underground dungeons, follow me!"

Anna and Kristoff dismounted together, the wooden gates had already been blown apart by the explosions and they dashed into the castle at the precise moment when two more shells crashed against the walls outside and shook the entire structure...

The Southerner artillery was doing its best to demolish all of White Castle and kill all of those inside of it, and Anna, now running through a hallway beside Kristoff, knew that they had a few minutes at best to find and rescue the captured troops.

It was a very dark and cold place.

The eerie hallway took them to a large dining hall, all the windows there were broken and fragments of rock began to fall from the ceiling with every hit that the castle took. Anna looked at her map by the weak light of a window, and then she discovered that a wooden door was concealed behind a tapestry on a wall.

"That's it!"

Kristoff just pushed Anna aside and kicked the door open, there was a sinister staircase at the other side and they finally descended to the dungeons...

"Take this key, I have another one" Anna said- "Quick, Kristoff!"

The captive soldiers were locked inside of huge cells at both sides of a very long corridor, the place was barely illuminated by a few torches here and there and they all were trying to break their way out, agitated and excited because of the sounds of battle coming from outside.

"It's Princess Anna!" one of the injured soldiers screamed to all the others with great pride, just unable to believe his own eyes- "Princess Anna is here!"

The cries of Your Highness! and I cannot believe it! came from everywhere at once while Anna and Kristoff opened a cell after another, and very soon drove after drove of Arendellan soldiers emerged from captivity and dashed their way upstairs ready to fight.

Anna and Kristoff were the very last to abandon the now collapsing White Castle, the artillery blasts far above them were deafening and they climbed on their horses at the same time, riding the hell out of there as fast as they could...

Three powerful shells came and hit the castle a few seconds later, and the great and legendary structure finally collapsed in a great cloud of dust.

"We did it!" Anna screamed, shaking from head to feet- "Kristoff, we have to..."

A last and lonely artillery shell came all of a sudden from the sky, it exploded a good distance to their left and Anna's white horse was hit squarely by the shrapnel... All that the Princess could hear was a severe ringing in her ears, the horse collapsed and Anna, falling to the ground, hit her head against a rock.

Everything went dark and Anna knew no more...