Vengeance

Kristoff pulled the trigger, and the macabre sound that followed was unlike anything that Anna had ever heard before... it was a loud and repetitive noise that she would have never imagined in any of her war nightmares, a sound much louder than any musket in the world.

"Crack-Crack-Crack!" The sound would come and repeat itself four times every second, for as long as the trigger remained active- "Crack-Crack-Crack! Crack!"

Anna finally understood why these weapons were called Crackers, witnessing in awestruck silence as the powerful machine gun vomited fire and bullets at the enemy with an unbelievable speed...

Crack Crack Crack! Crack Crack Crack Crack!

Alistair opened fire just a second after Kristoff, the rest of the guns followed after that, the growl of the five hundred Crackers attacking together reached deafening levels and the effect on the Cavalry forces of the enemy was immediate and dramatic:

Anna gasped in shock as twelve riders and their horses collapsed just like that, twenty more followed, the riders were getting multiple hits to their chest and heads and their scarlet blood was flying everywhere between the snow and the icy wind...

Kristoff began to move the lethal Cracker from left to right in order to spray death as widely as possible, and very soon the man was screaming in fury like a monster out of control. Anna was as quick as she could to feed the strips of ammunition, discovering that she was barely able to keep up with the dramatic speed of fire.

Crack Crack Crack Crack! Crack Crack Crack!

The first lines of the Southerner Cavalry were quickly reduced to hundreds and then thousands of cadavers of men and horses alike, falling everywhere and even piled on top of each other on the white and red snow...

"Go back! Go back!" screamed one of the few surviving Generals, his voice shaking with fright- "Get the hell out of here!"

Most of the riders that advanced behind realized the danger and tried to escape, but they were simply too close to the Arendellan defenses and they were no match for the sheer speed and devastating firepower of the machine guns.

Alistair was screaming wildly just like Kristoff, they kept moving the Crackers from one side to the other on their tripods, all of the other teams were also spraying bullets as widely as they could and Anna did nothing to stop them, even though the enemy forces were now engaged in a desperate and terrified retreat...

The same cruelty and darkness that had captured her heart that foggy morning had returned with even more strength, and now all that Anna wanted was to annihilate all of those riders and win the war once and for all.

Anna would feed a strip of ammunition after another to the Cracker, and then another, and yet another after that...

Crack Crack Crack Crack Crack!

Thousands of the surviving riders were getting killed from behind while they tried to escape, they had nowhere to go, the blood was flying everywhere and the cries of agony of men and horses combined were taken like surreal laments by the wind.

Anna and her friends did not know exactly for how long they had been shooting, but the Crackers soon began to overheat and the nightmarish defense came to a gradual halt all over the Sammel Line...

"Kristoff!" Anna cried out, shaking her boyfriend and looking right into his eyes- "Kristoff, calm down, it's over! It's over!"

It took some time for the shaken Kristoff to escape from the wild side, but eventually his right hand abandoned the trigger and he quickly hugged Anna like they had not seen each other for a year. The intensity of what had just happened made them both shake and cry, still unable to believe what they had just done...

"Anna, we did it..."

The wild cheers of celebration soon erupted everywhere, Alistair began to scream like a madman as he waved both of his fists through the air and Alice was crying out of control, but Anna and Kristoff remained hugging in silence for a long time after that.

Anna stood up at last and she looked at the valley, shaken to discover the bloodstained snow and all of those corpses lying everywhere as far as she could see...

Arendelle had just annihilated an extremely powerful Cavalry charge, the damage inflicted to their enemy was surely catastrophic and most likely the war was over already, but still the immensity of the massacre was overwhelming and Anna remained frozen on the spot trying to understand what they had done.

Thirteen thousand men and their horses had just been wiped out of the face of the world, it had been too much, the Arendelle War had gone too far...

"Elsa" Anna whispered to the sky, shocked to smell all of that blood and death in the air- "What would you say if you could see this? Was this really what you wanted? For all the Heavens... What have we done?"