°•°•°TWENTY°•°•°

(Jesse's p.o.v.)

After I drove away from Blakeley, I felt lost. It felt like we were leaving each other all over again. Jeremy was wrong, I couldn't do this, I can't win her back. She's gone for good, I'll never be able to have what I had with her. I pulled over to the side of the road, and dropped my head onto my steering wheel, and cried.

I hated crying, it made me look weak and pathetic. I couldn't help myself though, I just cried and cried.

"I love her!" I screamed to no one, "There! I said it! I can't live without her!"

I didn't expect an answer in return to my statement, I just felt the need to scream it out to the world... After a few minutes of sobbing, I wiped the tears from my eyes and tried to slow my breathing. I was startled when I heard my phone ring. At first I didn't bother to answer it, but then it rang again. I looked at the Caller ID and saw Blakeley's name, I quickly answered.

"Jesse?" she sobbed.

"Silver? Are you okay?"

"N-no, I need you to come over."

There was an edge to her voice, she sounded like she was going to break. I didn't question.

"I'll be there in a few minutes."

I hung up the phone and sped off to her apartment. I quickly wiped my tears away as I drove. I looked down at my speedometer and noticed I was going almost sixty miles per hour down a local street. I didn't care how fast I was going, the girl I desperately loved needed me and that was all that mattered.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

As soon as I pulled up to her apartment, I practically jumped out of my car and hurried up the steps. I ran as fast as I could, I was nearly out of breath when I got to her door.

"Blakeley, it's Jesse." I panted.

I knocked on her door and waited. I heard the click of the lock opening and there was Blakeley, her eyes were bright red and her beautiful dark hair was thrown in a messy bun.

"Hi Jesse," she sniffled, "Come in."

She stepped away from the door and walked into her living her room. I closed the door behind me and followed. She sat on the couch and pulled another tissue out from a box. She cleared away her tears and then blew her nose into the same tissue.

"I'm sorry you have to see me like this..."

"No, no it's fine... What happened?"

She paused and shook her head, "G-Gabe, ch-ch-cheated on me..."

She bursted into tears, she drew her knees to her chest and sobbed. I went to her side immediately, and wrapped my arms around her balled-up self. I pulled her onto my lap and hushed her. Truth is I was furious at that son-of-a-bitch, but there was no point in bringing his name into this conversation again. She buried her face into my sweatshirt.

"I don't know what to do..." she muffled.

"Well, for starters, don't even talk, think or even look at him. That will definitely not help you." I suggested.

"I kicked him out, I told him to take his things and never come back. I also threw my engagement ring at him."

I smiled to myself, the thought of Blakeley being single again gave me hope. But as much as I wanted to be with her, I didn't want to be selfish, I wanted her to be happy.