Chapter 7

Lucy's POV:

I had to make adjustments to my medical table. I wasn't exactly used to treating humans...or I guess...a god?

Loki was sprawled across my regular operating table and my dining room table, which I had shoved into my operating room just to fit how tall this man was. He looked irritated and uncomfortable, but said nothing as I asked him to remove his shirt.

He gracefully takes off whatever weird clothing that is covering his torso and drops it to the ground beside him. If it weren't for the gaping gash covering the middle part of his stomach, I would be completely distracted by how good he looked.

"Is staring part of your procedure?" Loki asks humorously and my cheeks flush as I shake my head, grabbing something off the table.

"No, it's not." I mutter and he chuckles, lying back. "I am actually really nervous about doing this." I say, grabbing the supplies needed for a proper stitching. I dab the blood from his wound so I can clearly see where I need to sow. 

I grab a needle to numb the area and Loki gives me a small glare. "What are you doing with that?" 

"It's to numb the area around your stomach so you can't feel what I'm doing. I had to put extra in because you aren't an animal, so you'll need a stronger dose." I inform him and take in a deep breath, pressing the needle into his abdomen and he winces slightly, but says nothing.

Once the numbing is in and I rub the area around it, I take in another deep breath as I grab my threaded stitching needle.

"Please, please be still. I've never done this on a human before. I've only done it on animals and it's a different process." I say worriedly and Loki looks at me blankly.

"I've seen you work on multiple different animals over the past two weeks. You're a talented healer. I'm sure you can do this no problem." his words were oddly comforting, although now that I knew it was him who had been observing me, I don't know how I feel about that.

"Thank you." I say and focus in on what I'm doing. This is no different than any other surgery I've performed. I have to stitch his wound together. I have to make sure there hasn't been an infection, or staples aren't needed. I have to keep his skin together and make sure the stitches are seamed together the same way to ensure a proper healing process.

After focusing my mind, I began to get to work.

***

It took so much longer than usual because of how much bigger the cut was on his normal body. I was absolutely terrified that something would go wrong, but I finished the surgery with no hitch.

Loki was now resting on the couch, looking very bored after my strict instructions to stay lying down for awhile. He was still shirtless to allow the newly stitched wound to breathe and start healing. And it would be easier for me to watch to make sure nothing happens to it.

I still wasn't exactly sure what was going on, I just knew he had been hurt, pretended to be a dog, and was now back as some 'god of mischief' and was laying down on my couch with a wound that I had mended twice now. 

I place a bowl of wet cloths on the table for when I clean his wound or even just apply cold to keep the swelling down. Every thirty minutes or so for today I'll have to do this to make sure it stays shut this time.

I sit on the floor by my fireplace awkwardly, picking at my rug as my legs are tucked up to my chest. 

"I can practically hear your mind racing, Lucy. I know you have questions." Loki's voice makes me start a little. I wasn't expecting him to do much talking...but also, I don't know what I'm expecting anymore.