Chapter 14

Lucy's POV:

I furrow my eyebrows down and turn around to see Loki staring at me quite fondly. "Did you say something?" I ask, swearing I heard him mutter something but I couldn't quite catch it.

Loki's eyes widen a little and he quickly shakes his head.

"No, I haven't said a word. But what are you cooking for breakfast?" he asks, and I frown. I feel as if he's deflecting from something, but I don't press further.

"I'm making omelettes," I say, turning back to the stove to flip the omelette over before it burns. The sizzling of the omelette makes my stomach growl and I am incredibly excited to eat. Especially since I didn't eat much last night.

"You seem to like these." Loki says and I nod. It felt a little weird to be conversing with him in such a normal way. I didn't exactly know how to act honestly. It's not like I can just brush off the entire conversation we just had or the truth that I learned.

I felt more conflicted than anything. But it wasn't even really about Loki. Knowing who brought those monsters there should make me feel closure, but it didn't. I didn't exactly want that closure, in a way. I already saw who killed my family before my eyes. Even if someone brought them there, that didn't mean those monsters had to kill them the way they did.

So why was it easy for me to accept Loki? Most people would scream, hit, or throw the person out had they admitted what he did. But I didn't. I didn't want to. He looked like he was in so much pain when he told me his story. He apologized so much and even cried when I told him I didn't view him as a monster.

I shake my head, trying to clear my thoughts. I do stand by my decision of forgiving him. I don't believe it was the wrong one. Now it's just trying to figure out how to live with the knowledge I've learned over the past 24 hours.

I give Loki his omelette before making my own, and we mainly eat in silence at the table. After we both finish, I take our plates and place them in the sink.

"I'm going to take a shower, then go to the store. We need more chicken amongst a few things." I say, quickly excusing myself from the room and heading into my room. I get to the bathroom and close the door, letting out a sigh.

I didn't like the silence we ate in. But I also don't know exactly what to say.

My shower was steaming by the time I stepped in. The hot water felt amazing against my skin and I felt like I was washing off yesterday's events. I scrubbed my legs and stomach multiple times as if to remove those men's filthy hands.

I washed my body two or three times. I scrubbed my hair until my scalp felt new and raw. Once everything was quite literally scrubbed off my body, I let out a long sigh, leaning against the side of the wall.

I truly like Loki. I enjoy him being here. He's the first one to bring light into my life since my family was murdered. But he was the primary cause of why that happened in a way. But also he wasn't.

I had no idea what to think, honestly. If I had never met Loki, I would've never been able to get back into the world of the living. Of course I have Anna and my friends, but they respected my space and alone time almost too much. Our one night of the month was one of the only times I see them in person.

Loki quite literally infiltrated my home and made me interact with another person - even if he wasn't a person at first. I'm so grateful to him for that.

Loki is also someone who I feel needed an interaction like this too. We've benefited and gained from each other despite our shared past. Maybe it was fate that I did find him.