Chapter 30

Lucy's POV:

I stare at Loki in shock. He just blurted his proposal out while I'm up against a wall and he just finished questioning me about my pregnancy. For such a charming man, he really lacked tact with this one. And it was more of a demand than a question too. 

"What?" I ask and he looks at me expectantly.

"Marry me, Lucy. Become my Queen. Please." He says and I breathe through my nose to keep myself calm. My hormones were already all over the place: I didn't need to start crying again. That would only end in disaster. 

I smile at the man I love.

"Of course I'll marry you, Loki. I just thought you'd have a little more tact when you asked me." I laugh and a grin comes to his face.

"What can I say? You make me lose that tact. All I can think about with you is making sure I never lose you again." He comes closer and draws me into a kiss. I close my eyes and wrap my arms around his neck.

After a few moments we separate and I try not to cry. Loki must see my teary eyes and he immediately becomes concerned. Oh if he's this worried about me now he's going to end up having a heart attack when I'm about six months pregnant.

"Darling what's wrong?" he asks gently, putting a hand against my cheek, searching my eyes. I smile and laugh, sniffling as I try to pull myself together.

"Nothing's wrong. I'm happy." I say and wipe my eyes. He looks at me worried but nods his head.

"But you're crying." 

"Yes, they're happy tears. I'm happy because I get to marry you. I'm happy that you and I are going to be parents, and you're the father of my child. Loki I'm happy to just have met you." I whimper, more tears gathering in my eyes and he smiles in appreciation at my words, but as he wipes the tears from my eyes, his shoulders sink.

"Is this how it's going to be for the next six or seven months?" he asks in a dreaded voice and I give him a wobbly smile.

"Yeah."

Loki lets out a sigh before nodding. "Okay. Fine, it's fine. We'll be fine, we'll make it." He grumbles and I try not to laugh at him.

"We should get back to the party. I need to speak to Peter before we leave. And you kind of dragged me out of there so people are probably curious." I say and Loki nods his head before grabbing my left wrist.

"Before that," he says, holding my left hand up and he uses his free hand to conjure up something. He places a ring on my third finger and I stare at it in wonder. It was a beautiful ring encrusted with diamonds, and small emeralds surrounded the big diamond in the middle.

"I have to give you a ring fit for a Queen."

I look down at my hand dazzled; I've never seen anything quite like this in my life. "It's absolutely beautiful, Loki." I whisper and he smiles proudly at his creation.

"Not as beautiful as you, my dear." He murmurs, kissing me once more and I giggle as he pulls away. There's that charm I've become so accustomed to.

Together we walk back into the room filled with people, and immediately everybody's eyes fall on us. The attention makes me feel rather uncomfortable and I try to hide behind Loki, but he doesn't let me. He seems very intent on exposing me to everybody. I see the grin on his face and my lips go in a thin line. Yeah, he's definitely going to brag.

"Spider, you've gotten your final birthday present," Loki says and I see Peter's eyes get wide and the happiest smile come to his face. Loki grabs my left hand and lifts it for everybody to see.