Chapter 16

Lucy's POV:

I wake up unable to move. My eyebrows furrow down in frustration from me not being able to move, and I slowly open my eyes. I am staring directly into Loki's chest. I shift my head slightly and look at my body. My arms are tucked to my chest, and one of my legs is over Loki's waist. We are entangled together, and both of his arms are wrapped around my body, holding me close.

My leg is asleep. It will not move.

One of the first thoughts I have is to ignore it and go back to sleep. I snuggle my head back up to Loki's chest and scoot closer.

Loki takes in a deep breath as I move and I try not to squirm too much. I don't want to wake him up. Especially since he was nice enough to let me stay with him last night.

I carefully and slowly adjust my bottom leg into a better position, and I feel Loki flinch. I look at his face and it looks as if he's in pain.

"Lucy, please move your leg." He groans and I look where my leg is. My knee is right up against...oh. OH.

I quickly move it, ashamed of myself for waking him up and hurting him all at once.

"I'm sorry," I whisper and he lets out a sigh.

"It's fine," he says and I feel guilty for hurting him. "It isn't the type of contact one can really enjoy. But you didn't hurt anything." I blush at his words, keeping my face down in case he tries to look at me.

Maybe if I move, he could sleep a little better without worrying about being kneed in a terribly sensitive spot. I shift my body, about to move, when his grip tightens on me, pulling me closer. "Shh, don't move yet." His voice is incredibly groggy and deep with sleep. I put my head against his chest once more, complying with his wish. I was still pretty sleepy.

His body is warm against mine and I enjoy the feeling of being enveloped by him. I think of how nice it feels. Loki always does such kind things for me. I wish I can show him how much I appreciate what he does. But I always get so flustered when he's looking at me.

I wait until I believe he's asleep again. My eyes glance up at his face and he looks incredibly peaceful. I can't help the smile that comes to my face. He's so incredibly beautiful, both outside and in. If only he would believe the inside part.

Maybe it was because of my grogginess, or maybe it was something else, but I lean forward and kiss the left side of his chest, right where his heart is. This is what I love him for. His heart is golden but he acts like its dark and black.

I draw my lips away and lay my head down, feeling content enough to go back to sleep.

Loki's POV:

I had to stay extremely still when I felt Lucy kiss me like that. I'm surprised she couldn't feel my heart pounding, especially since she was right by my heart.

Part of me wanted to ask what she was doing. Another part wanted her to keep going. But mostly I was shocked by her actions. She continuously confuses me. But also, I enjoy this little back and forth we have. It's fun to guess what she's doing or what she's thinking.

I will do my best to be patient and wait for her to say something, but I am not sure how much longer I'll be able to wait.

***

When I woke up again, I could tell the position we were sleeping in had changed. Lucy's leg wasn't on top of me, but I could feel her arms wrapped around my shoulders.

I open up my eyes and my body stiffens. My face is in Lucy's bosom. What the hell sort of damned temptation is this?

I feel irritated from the temptation. What exactly am I supposed to do with this? No wonder I thought the pillow had become bouncier.