╯07╭

That day, Mark didn't go out like usually do. He decided to stay all day for Donghyuck and start acting like the father of the baby Donghyuck's carrying. It was a new feeling for the both of them, in a good way. Their fights weren't shouts anymore, but petty sarcasms. They're still talking back at each other which never changed their habit. Things got lighter for the better.

It was already the time to take a sleep, well for Donghyuck atleast. Mark escorted him to the bedroom. He sat on the edge of the bed while the beta slipped into the comforter. The alpha was thinking about how gross the animal blood Jaehyun gave him.

"I'll stay here until you fall asleep," Mark said.

Donghyuck blushed a little for a moment, "C-Can I ask a favor just this once?"

"Okay, fine."

"Lie down beside me."

Mark looked at him teasingly as he did what the beta asked for. He slipped into the covers, he faced the beta and lay close. Donghyuck did blush but tried hard to put up a straight face.

"Are you secretly liking me? 'Cause it look like it," Mark teased.

"It's the baby's fault."

"You still want me to be beside you, dummy. You could've said no."

Donghyuck rolled his eyes, "You could've said no also, right? You also wanted this."

"Maybe, maybe not."

The beta chuckled, "I'm going to sleep."

"Okay. Good night."

Like yesterday, Donghyuck got up in the bed early in the morning to deal with his morning sickness. Mark followed him behind to help him into the bathroom. The alpha could see the beta holding his stomach, looked like it hurts. Maybe the pills haven't taken affect on the few days.

Mark flushed the toilet after Donghyuck dealt with his morning sickness. He hurriedly gets a glass of water from the kitchen and returned to give it to the beta. After, Donghyuck carefully walk down the stairs with Mark supporting him by holding his hand, tightly.

"You're being treated like a princess here so be thankful," Mark said.

"Your princess?"

Mark stopped and looked behind him to Donghyuck who looked flushed by his own words. His cheeks were tinted pink and couldn't look straight at Mark. Is it possible to think of someone cute even though you hate him?

"But you're gonna be my butler," Donghyuck said to save himself.

Mark rolled his eyes, "Yeah, right. Let's go and eat breakfast. You'll be cooking it 'cause I can't."

The alpha opened the refrigerator and saw nothing inside but a pair of eggs and leftover meats. He pulled them out and laid it on the counter. The beta cooked while the alpha took a seat on the high chair.

"We need to go out and buy some groceries," Mark said.

"After this, we'll go. You'll have to treat me to lunch."

The alpha scoffed and earned a giggle from the beta. Sometime in Mark's life, he haven't really seen Donghyuck smile or either laugh or chuckle. It was definitely new to him to see a side of Donghyuck.

After breakfast, they took their bath and changed their clothes, and drove to the grocery store. While they're inside, Mark was the one who is pushing the cart and Donghyuck was the one getting the things that were on the list.

While the beta was busy reading labels, Mark thought how small and cute Donghyuck looked in his oversized sweater and sweatpants. He looked like a 13-year-old punk. Isn't everyone would look small and cute when wearing oversized clothing?

"Daddy!"

Mark snapped himself out when he felt a tap on his arm. He saw Donghyuck with a frown.

"You weren't listening. I asked you if you wanted to buy some fruits."

"What did you call me?" Mark asked, disregarding the question being asked at him.

"Daddy," Donghyuck teased as he wiggled both of his eyebrows and smirking.

"You're kinky."

Donghyuck rolled his eyes, "I ain't. Your child's gonna call you that after nine months."

"Well, stop it. You're not my child."

"I'm gonna call you that for the sake of the child."

Mark didn't argue with him since Donghyuck immediately skipped his way to the fruit section. He just pushed the cart to where Donghyuck is and stood beside him. The beta was looking around the watermelons, looking for a fresh one.

"You like watermelons, right, Daddy?"

"Yes, love."

Donghyuck almost dropped the watermelon at the "endearment" Mark gave to him. He blushed as he put the fruit on the cart with the other items. He slapped the alpha's arm and heard a laugh from him.

"That hurts," Mark said while he pushes the cart, but it really didn't.

Donghyuck just walked ahead of him as he looked on the list if there's anything needed. The alpha couldn't really help looking at him, now that the beta's blushing. He walked closer to look at the list as well. The beta saw the alpha beside him so he wrapped his arm around Mark's and let him see if there's anything else needed.

"We're good to go," Mark said.

They stopped and stood in line. Donghyuck was hugging the arm of Mark while pouting and playing with the alpha's ear. Mark didn't really mind, Donghyuck seemed to be enjoying.

After checking out, Mark carried all of the bags while Donghyuck walked ahead of him.

"What do you want to eat?" Mark asked while putting the bags in the backseat.

"You."

The alpha widened his eyes and looked at the beta that was on the passenger's seat. He was tensed.

"W-What?"

"You. You decide," Donghyuck casually said, "What are you thinking, huh, daddy?"

"N-Nothing! I just need to clean my ears."

Donghyuck laughed, "You really have a dirty mind!"

"Shut up."