╯08╭

"Aren't you going today?" Donghyuck asked as leaned against the sink while washing his face and mouth.

Mark gave the glass of water to Donghyuck, "Where?"

"You got meetings, right? You stayed here since the last day."

"You needed me, right? So, I'm staying."

Donghyuck gave the empty glass with a smile on his face. Mark furrowed his eyebrows. He grabbed the glass and frowned.

"What are you smiling at? It's scary."

The beta slapped the alpha's arm.

"You don't have to slap my arm!"

"Aren't you charmed by my smile?"

Mark scoffed, "No. Who would?"

"That's mean, daddy."

The alpha chuckled, "What's with the smile anyway?"

They held hands as they go out of the bathroom for the alpha to support the beta while going down the stairs. Donghyuck looked at their hands holding, it was a rare sight and he liked the feeling.

"You like me, don't you?"

Mark immediately got flustered which made him missed a step on the next stair. In the end, they fell off of the stairs and landed on the hard floor, but it was Mark who suffered falling on his back with Donghyuck ontop of him.

Donghyuck heard Mark groaning at the pain while he was perfectly safe in Mark's arms and landed on his body.

"Are you okay?" Donghyuck worriedly asked.

Being so close, Donghyuck couldn't help but stare at Mark. He knew he never found Mark handsome but maybe the pills had some side effects, or maybe he ate something weird yesterday. The alpha's face was beginning to get attractive and it was bizarre for the beta to admit it.

"Yeah...I'm good. You okay?" Mark saw Donghyuck staring at him.

"Donghyuck?"

Donghyuck's cheeks suddenly became pink, "Y-Yeah..."

The beta sat on the alpha's lap and pulled the alpha up from the floor. He caressed the back of the alpha's head. He was worried that Mark had a bad fall and might break something in the process.

"Does it hurt?" Donghyuck asked, still caressing Mark's head.

"You should be worrying yourself. I'm perfectly fine."

"But you're the one who fell and got hurt."

Mark grabbed Donghyuck's hand on his head and smiled at him, "And whose fault is it?"

The beta pouted, "I was just asking! It's just obvious."

"Obvious? That I like you?" Mark chuckled, "Are you daydreaming?"

Donghyuck didn't say anything but just blushed a little more, if that's possible, and avoided looking into Mark's eyes. Mark just smirked and put his hand ontop of Donghyuck's thighs. It did surprise the beta.

"...Or do you just want me to return your feelings?" Mark leaned a little bit closer on Donghyuck.

Suddenly, Donghyuck looked up and leaned closer as well, almost closing the gap of their lips.

"What if I did want you to like me back?"

Mark looked at the beta's eyes, finding the slightest bit of lie. He just rolled his eyes and gently pushed Donghyuck away from him.

"Get up. You're really heavy, you know?"

The beta stood up and helped the alpha up. They walked into the kitchen without anyone speaking about what just happened a while ago.

Donghyuck just sat on the high chair while he watches Mark prepare his breakfast, a fruit salad. He knew he wasn't good at cooking but the alpha somehow can make a decent fruit salad, while using the scissors. He wanted to teach him to use the knife and cook but Mark will surely refuse.

"Do you perhaps have a girlfriend or something?"

Mark served the bowl infront of Donghyuck and leaned against the counter, "Why? Are you checking if you have any chance?"

"I'm just asking!"

The alpha chuckled, "None."

"If I wasn't pregnant, would you have one then?"

Mark shrugged, "I don't know, maybe not. Do you?"

"I would definitely want one, like Jaehyun or Johnny."

Mark's eyebrows furrowed and frowned, "Why them?"

Donghyuck smiled as he took a piece of fruit in the bowl, "Everyone like a caring and loving mate. I'll be lucky if I had one."

The alpha fell quiet and suddenly pushed himself off of the counter. The beta followed him with his eyes as the alpha was about to exit the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" Donghyuck asked.

"I'll just take a bath."

"Okay."

Mark may or may not be overthinking about what Donghyuck said while he's taking a shower. The water droplets from the shower head kept dropping down, sliding down off of his body. His head leaning against the wall, thinking about the ideal guy Donghyuck just said.

He doesn't know why it's bothering him but it really does. Jaehyun is really an ideal mate. Despite having a serious and scary demeanor, he still goes soft whenever he sees Taeyong. He always coos at how cute and how lucky he is to have a husband like him. Maybe that's why people really admire him as a Headman.

Also, even though Johnny doesn't have a child from Ten yet, he's very patient since he's still waiting for Ten to let him become his mate.

And him? Mark stayed by the beta's side now and he tried to keep him happy, like lessening their fights but doesn't that make Donghyuck lucky? Maybe he doesn't. Mark doesn't love him, right?

Right?

Mark cared since Donghyuck told him about the baby's situation. He even started to see the beta smile because of him. He loved the smile. The alpha started to like being with the beta. Maybe he liked it too much.

He hated the face, Donghyuck's face. But now, he hated how he think that Donghyuck looked cute at any angle.

"Why?!" Mark punched the wall and didn't know that Donghyuck heard it.

Donghyuck just finished his breakfast and was about to go to his bedroom to get ready to take his bath after Mark, but he stopped and widened his eyes as he looked over the bathroom door because of a shout and loud thud. He immediately walked towards the door and made several knocks.

"Mark? Mark! What happened in there?"

Donghyuck mindlessly twisted the knob and opened the door.