╯11╭

Everyone was devastated. They're at the hospital, waiting outside of a specific room. Mark sat, looking down in his feet and thought about what happened. He stayed quiet while he was with Jaehyun and the others. Taeyong was outside, having some fresh air. Gray and Blue stayed with Ten and Johnny, just beside Jaehyun.

Jaehyun rubbed Mark's back as the alpha overthink.

"I'm scared..." Mark whispered.

"We all are. Let's just hope for the best," Jaehyun said.

The door clicked open which made Mark look up. The doctor walked out of the room with the nurses.

"Who's the patient's mate?" the doctor asked.

Mark didn't hesitate to stand up, "W-What happened? Is Donghyuck fine? Is the baby fine?"

"I'm sorry, Mr. Lee but we couldn't save the child."

Everyone fell quiet.

"C-Can I see the patient?"

"Yes, but the patient is currently experiencing postpartum depression."

Mark looked confused, "What do you mean?"

"After losing the baby, the patient got depressed. I would recommend you to stay with him, talk to him and try to take him somewhere nice and happy to ease up his depression."

The alpha nodded, "Okay. Thank you."

The doctor left them. Mark clicked his tongue, feeling frustrated because of the miscarriage. He wanted to get angry, scream and knock things off but what could he do? It's finished and getting angry won't get the baby back.

Jaehyun pitied the alpha. He just stood up from the chair and walked up to Mark.

"I'm sorry, Mark," the Headman said, patting the alpha's back, "I'll just go and pay the bills, maybe I'll get the kids and Taeyong home too."

Mark nodded, "Yeah, sure. Thanks, hyung."

The alpha knocked on the door before pushing it. He peeked inside to see Donghyuck on the hospital bed. He was seating on the bed, looking at the window.

Mark walked towards the beta and took a seat on the edge. He looked at Donghyuck who had obvious streaks of tears on his cheeks. Mark wanted to mourn but he wanted to stay strong for Donghyuck. He pulled the beta into a hug.

Donghyuck felt the warm hug and couldn't help but wrap his arms around Mark and cried on his shoulder.

"I messed up. I lost the ba--"

"Shh, I'm here...you didn't mess up. It was an accident. It wasn't your fault, Donghyuck."

It broke both of their hearts to lose a child. As much as Mark didn't want the baby, he promised that it'll survive until nine months. He started to love the fact that he'll be having a child in the future. But it was too good to be true.

Both of them never thought this would happen.

The doctor said that Donghyuck will be discharged tomorrow and Mark decided to stay overnight while the others go home.

All afternoon until night, Mark never left Donghyuck's side. He bought him fruits, food and water for the beta to eat but Donghyuck refused to. The alpha always asked him if he was hungry but he wasn't.