╯18╭

It was past three in the morning and they just finished about an hour ago. With the exhaustion, both of them immediately fell asleep and decided to clean everything up when they wake up. But Donghyuck looked like he couldn't sleep. His eyes were tired and so does his body but his mind wasn't done bugging him.

The beta carefully stood up from the bed, not wanting to wake the tired alpha, and picked everything up from the floor. He threw them into the bathroom before he gets a shirt and a pair of boxers. He wore them before he goes out of the bedroom to get some fresh air on the balcony.

The voices in his head came back.

Donghyuck sat on the chair, putting his legs up for him to hug and tried to calm himself a bit. The sound of the waves and trees were somehow helping. The moon was shining and the stars are still up in the sky. The cold breeze brushed against Donghyuck's tanned skin. He closed his eyes, hoping that it'll stop.

It wasn't easy getting over the fact about what happened to their unborn child. He was still thinking about the possibilities that could've happened if that didn't happen. Guilt and anxiety was running through his veins, making tears fall down his cheeks unexpectedly. He badly wants to forget everything.

It really hurts him to blame himself.

Suddenly, he heard the chair across the table beside him moved. He opened his eyes and looked up to see his beloved.

"I'm sorry...Did I woke you up?" Donghyuck wiped his tears with his hands and sniffled.

"It was this heavy?" Mark asked, looking straight at Donghyuck with worry and regret. Maybe regret because he didn't comfort Donghyuck the way the beta wanted him to.

"You can feel...everything?"

Mark stood up, brought his chair to seat beside Donghyuck. He hugged the beta tightly and kissed him on the forehead. He let Donghyuck bury his face on his chest. Donghyuck gripped Mark's shirt and couldn't help but cry.

"Oh, baby...I know it was hard. I'm here, alright? You don't have to go through this alone," Mark whispered soothingly. He rubbed Donghyuck's back and kept kissing his head.

"I'm sorry, Mark. I'm sorry for everything...I-I shouldn't have forced you into this mess. I-I did my best...I did everything to keep the baby and I wanted him to stay. I really did...I didn't want that to happen--"

Mark cupped Donghyuck's jaw and shuts him up by kissing him on the lips. It was passionate and neither one of them wanted to let go. The alpha pulled away but continuously pecked the beta's lips.

"Please don't regret everything that we've been through. I wanted this...I want to be with you in every pain. I know you did everything and you did great, baby. Believe me, you've done more than enough for us."

The alpha kissed the beta's forehead. The beta put his hands on the alpha's that were still on his cheeks, and rubbed his thumbs on them. Mark kissed Donghyuck's palm lovingly. They've gone through so much and they still decided to stay for each other. Donghyuck would've leave, he could do that so easily but he knew Mark did everything to comfort him and he couldn't just leave his alpha. As much as he wanted to give up, he found a reason not to.

Mark is the reason.

"You're the best thing that ever happened to me. With or without a child, I'll stay beside you. I can't afford losing you."

Tears flooded as Donghyuck felt himself breaking and the only thing holding the last pieces and picking the others back was Mark. He didn't know what he will do without the alpha. Who would've thought that Mark will be the one staying by his side in the first place? No one did and Donghyuck thought that it was the best thing fate has given to them.

The cold wind came into the room because of the opened door of the balcony and greeted the sleeping couple on the bed. The duvet covered both of their tangled legs and their half-naked bodies. The alpha's arm was around the beta's shoulder, holding him close to his body. The beta's arms were against the alpha's side with one hand on the alpha's bare chest.

Waking up from his slumber, Mark groaned as he shifted a bit from his position with his eyes starting to open. He rubbed his hand against Donghyuck's arm, caressing it softly. Donghyuck rubbed his eyes, waking up as well. He looked down and brushed his other hand on Donghyuck's hair before kissing his head. The beta looked at the alpha and smiled softly.

"Morning," Mark greeted, smiling back.

Donghyuck rubbed his hand against Mark's chest as he lifted himself up to give his alpha a kiss, "Morning."

"You good?"

The beta nodded, "Thank you."

Mark turned himself to face Donghyuck and kissed him, "I'm your mate, it's my obligation to make you happy."

"Even if I'm really not?"

Donghyuck touched the bite, the mark that Mark gave him last night. It won't stay, it never will. No matter how much Mark will sink his teeth, it won't stay on Donghyuck because of their unusual relationship.

"A bite mark is just a bite mark, Hyuck. My everything goes to you and that matters the most."

Mark gave everything to Donghyuck. If ever they'll have a second chance and have another child, he'll give up everything even if it means protecting them with his own life. He always wanted a small family.

"I love you," Donghyuck's voice cracked, getting emotional again just like last night.

Mark chuckled, "What a crybaby."

"Shut up."

"I love you too."