╯10╭

"Mark? Why're you here?" Jaehyun asked.

This morning, Mark left Donghyuck at home for a moment to talk to Jaehyun. He goes out after he took care of the beta since he had his morning sickness again. Today, he arrives at the village where Jaehyun is.

"I just want to tell you that I'll be accompanying Donghyuck and I may not attend meetings that often anymore," Mark said.

Jaehyun wanted to hide his smile but he couldn't help it. Mark furrowed his eyes at this.

"What's with that expression?" the alpha asked, crossing his arms.

The Headman chuckled, "What happened these days?"

"What do you mean?"

"You've been with him these past few days, huh?"

Mark frowned, "I was fixing something with Donghyuck. He didn't want to tell me what happened at the clinic so I had to talk to him."

"You're weird, alright? You're calling him by his name and not addressing him as beta. You're telling me that you decided to stay with Donghyuck and now, you somehow care about his situation," Jaehyun teasingly smiled, "Talk to me. What happened? I wanna know."

"You wanna know about what?"

"About you guys."

"N-Nothing special, to be honest."

Jaehyun hummed, "You like him, do you?"

"Hyung--"

"Donghyuck isn't that bad, isn't he? Why do you hate him so much, with so much passion?"

"I don't hate him...that much--" Mark hesitated about his answer and made Jaehyun's jaw to drop.

"Don't you dare lie to me if ask you're starting to like him!"

Mark rolled his eyes at the Headman, "I'll get going."

"Don't end up falling in love--"

"I fucking won't!"

Mark was about to go out of the village and go home, but a gunshot was heard. He cursed and looked around where was the gunshot came from. People started to run around and go into their houses but Jaehyun and Mark stood outside. Mark just cursed.

"Jae, what was that?" Taeyong shouted as he came out from the mansion.

"Get inside! Protect the children!" Jaehyun ordered and got surprised when an arrow almost shot Mark.

It was a wrong timing and it was giving Mark a bad feeling.

Back in the house, Donghyuck felt bothered by his feeling. He was anxious, even though Mark just left an hour ago. He placed the half-finished bowl of fruit salad that Mark made and cut them with scissors again. He turned the TV on to keep his mind out of things. He wasn't feeling anything right.

Doesn't he always feel negative without Mark?

Donghyuck bit his lower lip and called Mark. No answer and that just fueled up his negativity. He called again but the same result, no one answered. He just wanted to hear his voice.

"Maybe he's busy. He needed a break from taking care of my shits. Yeah...that's it."

Maybe convincing himself that everything will be alright will help him temporarily. But someone aggressively knocked on the door. It made Donghyuck's heart pound against his chest. He got nervous.

"We know there's a Vampire in here! We've got you surrounded!" the guy behind the front door shouted.

Donghyuck shivered and trembled in fear. He quickly grabbed his phone before running upstairs. He slowly closed his bedroom door to avoid making sounds. He heard the front door slammed open.

The beta didn't waste time to hide in closet. He locked it from the inside to prevent from someone finding him. He was definitely trembling as he called Mark again. He was sweating and beyond afraid by now.

"Oh, god. Pick up, please," Donghyuck cried quietly, "Mark, pick it up..."

And he finally did.

"Donghyuck! Donghyuck, are you alright? Where are you?"

"I-I'm still in the house. I'm in m-my bedroom, in the closet...Oh god, Mark, I'm scared."

"I know. Keep yourself hidden, okay? I'll be right there, okay?"

"O-Okay...Please hurry."

"I will."

The call ended and Donghyuck just hoped that Mark will arrive any minute. He was hoping until someone slapped his bedroom door open. The beta covered his mouth with his hand to keep himself from making any noise. The man entering had a knife and probably made of silver. He was moving slowly and kept knocking things down.

Tears started to fall down his cheeks and he was already feeling pain on his lower part of his tummy.

Not now.

Donghyuck gripped his shirt on his stomach and endured the pain. His knees were trembling, toes were curling and his heart was beating fast. He gritted his teeth and just rubbed his tummy to soothe himself. The pain has gotten worse and he just want to cry out.

Donghyuck could see the man walking around his room by looking through a hole. He was searching around until he saw the closet. The beta's eyes widened and his heart just stopped. He held his breathe and before he could even panic, the man was called.

"He's outside with other Vampires! Let's go!"

Men retreated and closed his bedroom door. Donghyuck sighed in relief. Tears were still falling but he knew it was safe. He slowly opened the doors of the closet and panted. He was still feeling pain and he choked out a whimper.

He suddenly heard footsteps. He immediately stood up with his legs still trembling as he was about to go into the closet again but it was just Mark.

"M-Mark..." Donghyuck cried quietly.

Mark pulled him into a hug, "I'm here...Everything's fine. Jaehyun took care of them."

Donghyuck cried on his shoulder but he pulled away when he felt a great pain on his stomach. He cried out and Mark got nervous.

"What's happening? What--"

Mark cut off his words. The pair looked down at Donghyuck's legs and saw blood streaming down.