╯14╭

"Beach!" Blue shouted as soon as they finally arrived at their destination. He tried getting away from Jaehyun's arms but his father walked on the hot sand for him.

"You did well," Taeyong said to Jaehyun. Finally, having a decent place that Jaehyun found.

Jaehyun shrugged and got cocky because of his husband's compliment. Everyone got into the house and there were enough rooms for each pair. They checked the bedrooms and other places before they carried their things inside. While they were having fun being inside the spacious room, a pair seemed to be having lack of amusement.

Mark put the bags down near the closet while Donghyuck is at the balcony, looking at the scene infront of him. The alpha wanted to talk to him but he was afraid that the beta will say anything coldly. He just left the room and goes down to see the others.

"Mark! Good timing! Let's go have a swim," Jungwoo excitedly said.

"I would rather not."

"Where's Hyuck?"

Mark pointed upstairs with his thumb, "I'll go ahead."

The alpha walked out of the house and saw everyone having fun at the water and barbecuing some food in their swimwear. He should be having fun but he'd rather stay seating down on the beach chair that has an umbrella protecting him from the sun.

At the beginning of the vacation which was the long drive they did early in the morning, it didn't really make anything better for Mark and Donghyuck. Donghyuck was obviously upset about Mark leaving him at the mansion. Mark thought it was for the best since he thought Donghyuck doesn't want to see him for a day and two nights, that's why he did that. The ice between them didn't broke nor having a scratch. Both of them are just waiting for each other.

Mark planned on talking things out later but he's obviously chickening out. He doesn't know what to say to the beta.

"Uncle Hyuckie!"

Just by the name, Mark looked behind to see Donghyuck in his white shirt and shorts. The beta waved at Blue and ran towards the kid who was in water with Taeyong. He seemed to be happy. Mark just wanted him to move on and be happy

"What are you doing here being so emo, seagull?"

Mark looked up to see Jaehyun seating down beside him. The Headman obviously didn't want to go under the sun. All of the Vampires rather swim when the sun set, so it's the Werewolves whose enjoying the sun right now.

"Nothing."

"It wouldn't be nothing if you have really have someone in mind."

Mark furrowed his eyebrows at him, "Someone?"

"Isn't it Donghyuck?"

The alpha rolled his eyes as he sighed and directed his eyes to the water with the Werewolves, specifically at someone. He hugged his knees close to his chest and sighed.

"He's not mad, he's just upset," Jaehyun said, assuming that that's what Mark is worrying about.

"I hope he is."

Oh, then it is Donghyuck, Jaehyun thought.

"He needed you. Why'd you do that?"

Mark shrugged, "I just want to give him space."

"I'm sorry but that's so stupid of you," Jaehyun sighed.

"Maybe just stupid for him?"

Jaehyun stood up and patted his shoulder, "We'll be leaving before the night for you. Goodluck."

Mark didn't want them to leave him with Donghyuck, alone. They'd probably end up going with them since they have nothing else to do and they can't have fun with just the both of them. If they think Mark and Donghyuck can fix things, then their wrong. Both of them neither want to be alone with each other. They hated the awkwardness.

The whole day passed by until the sun finally started setting and everyone could go into the water now. There were laughter and squeals, finally having the fun they wanted since the morning. Mark didn't have the energy to take a dip and would rather to look at them while they play, while Donghyuck play. But out of nowhere, hands carried him all the way to the water and threw him.

"What the heck!" Mark cursed at how drench he is right now. He raked his soaked black hair and Donghyuck unexpectedly found it hot.

"You're thinking too much, man!" Lucas shouted.

"You looked really scary back there," Johnny remarked.

Mark groaned and walked out of the water. He got laughed by the others and just gave them a glare. It's not that he doesn't want to enjoy the vacation, he'd just rather to seat there and watch a happy Donghyuck.

Everyone decided to get out of the water and thought about eating again before they go. They ate what was left for lunch and instead of drinking juice, Jaehyun brought out a bottle of alcohol with glass shots.

"Just to end this day just a bit happier," Jaehyun said while he poured on each glass shots.

"Daddy! Can I try? Can I try?" Blue asked.

Taeyong carried his son. No parent wants their child drinking at a young age, "Let's go and get you dressed."

"You're still a baby," Donghyuck teased.

"I'm not! Blue is a big boy now."

Taeyong just kissed the child's head before he carried his son into the beach house to change his clothes, and for Donghyuck not to tease him more.

After Jaehyun poured the glasses with the alcohol, they cheered and drank it. They groaned and hissed at the burn, one even coughed and it was Donghyuck. Jungwoo just rubbed the beta's back to soothe him.

Soon, everyone has already packed their bags into their cars with Mark helping them.

"Wish you all the best," Taeyong said.

Mark nodded, "Thanks."

"See you guys when I see you."

Engines were started and they soon drove away from the place. Mark walked on the sand, hearing the gentle crash of waves and the swaying trees because of the cold breeze. He found himself seating down beside Donghyuck on the sand, who was watching the sky that was already full of the stars. It should be the right timing but it seemed to be too romantic to talk under the night sky.

But it's good than nothing.