Guilt, Promises, & a Remorseful Time

Jesse Pov:

I tense slightly and gaze at Sylvia in shock.

Sylvia's silver knife was brought closer to Sylvie's throat and I panicked slightly.

"...Okay...okay... If that's what you want so be it. Just let her go," I say, catouisly approaching her.

"..Jesse," Lukas says, hesistantly.

I turn to face him and whisper in a reassuring tone, "Trust me on this one Lukas."

I turn to face Sylvia, whose unsettling gaze is pinned on me.

I keep my gaze locked on her as I slowly approach her.

Sylvie seemed a bit shook, but she seemed to be calm and collected. I could tell that something small was in her hand, but did Sylvia notice it?

As I approach, Sylvia pushes her sibling forward and she stumbles.

Sylvia attempts to grab me, but a syringe is thrown in her direction.

She teleports closer to me and without warning she swiftly kicks me in the leg and a stinging sensation  shoots up.

She prepares to stab me with her knife, but she is suddenly brought to the ground by Sylvie and Axel who both hold her tight.

Her knife falls out of her hand as she's brought down.

I could hear Petra talking in alarm, confusion clearly in her tone as she frantically enters the order hall.

I have no idea how Sylvia managed to do this, but she literally threw Sylvie across the room with only one swift movement.

Sylvie's back collided with the wall so hard that I swear she probably broke something.

As she fell to the ground, Petra quickly rushed to Sylvie's side and Olivia swiftly helped Axel pin Sylvia down.

"What's the plan here Jesse?" Lukas asked frantically as he rushed to my side, bow and arrow drawn.

"I need to get close to her," I say.

Lukas nods, his azure eyes quickly darting from Sylvia to Axel.

"On it," He says, rushing to aide Axel and Olivia.

Swiftly, I run towards Sylvia and grab her clenched hand just as she was about to elbow Olivia in her side.

This has to work. It just has to.

Sylvia was squirming, struggling to get out of the tight grip that kept her from moving around.

Her cold hand was starting to shake violently and I could feel so much energy radiating off her.

This feeling was something I couldn't quite describe.

Without warning, darkness engulfs my vision and I'm suddenly left confused. It's very quiet in here.

That is until I hear a familiar voice.

"...Jesse," The frail voice is weak and cracking, but it's still audible.

The darkness fades away and a dim light beams.

"Sylvia...," I drift off, shaking my head in disbelief as I take in what I see in front of me.

Shackles were around her wrists and feet. Blood stained her jacket and bruises lined her arms.

I inhale sharply.

Her leather jacket was tattered and torn. A deep scar was across her bruised forehead, numerous cuts ran up and down her legs, and blood hastily ran down her bottom lip.