When I'm Falling

^Hi. I love them. K bye I love them. HOLY CRAP I LOVE THEM

Hi. Hello. What's up. We need Boris calling Theo " love." Okay. that's all. BYe. Enjoy. And Turning Pages by Sleeping at Last is Boreo x10000000000

It was one of the nights where they could really be themselves. They were allowed to share their emotions, to be Boris and Theo, to be in love.  It was a night where Theo was falling, and Boris was there to catch him. It was a night where Theo soothingly ran his hand through Boris's hair when he was talking about his dad. 

It was an emotional night. 

The museum came crawling back into Theo's dreams. His mom, calling out to him.

" Theo...Theodore...Puppy..." 

He heard it all. He awoke with a scream, sitting up. He looked around the room. Same old mattress, dirty comforter, pillow sunken in from laying on it so much. He felt the familiar presence of Boris next to him. He was facing the wall, dark curls falling over his eyes. He was snoring lightly, his mouth slightly parted. 

Boris heard the scream, and immediately rolled over once he realized Theo was still breathing heavily. Even Popper had perked his head up. 

" Potter?" he whispered quietly. 

" It was so dark, Boris. Everything was there again. She was calling me. She was trying to tell me something," Theo rambled. 

Boris sat up, pushing his hair back from his eyes. He put both arms around the shaking boy, whispering words of Polish comfort into his ear. Theo didn't understand a word of what they meant, but he was grateful for it anyway. 

" Are you okay?" Boris asked. 

" I don't even know, Boris. Why does this keep happening? I just miss her so much. It hurts, Boris. I don't know what to do." 

" I don't know either, love," he said. 

Despite the sadness clouding Theo's mind, and the almost inaudible sound of Boris's tired voice, Theo heard what he had said. 

'Love?'

Of course he didn't mind it. He found it quite comforting, actually. He genuinely loved Boris, and it was the little things that made Theo realize why. 

Theo decided not to ask about it. 

" I just want them to go away."

" I wish I could make them go away," Boris said. 

" How are you so good at making people feel safe? I'm serious," Theo questioned. Boris let out a light laugh.

" I don't know, love. I really don't. Is natural, I guess."

There that name was again. 

Boris put his head against Theo's shoulder, his fly away curls tickling him. Theo smiled at the sight. 

How had he thought that he was going to be intimidating? He was just as messed up as Theo was. Here they were, basically cuddling. They loved each other. No matter how much the other wanted to deny it, it was there. 

" Boris?" 

" Am here. Didn't go yet," he whispered.

" I don't- I can't- I don't even know what I'd do without you. It sounds so sappy, but I don't know how else to word it. I'm sorry, I know it sounds dumb." 

Boris propped his head up on his hand. He smiled, rubbing a tiny scar above his eye. 

" Me too, Potter. Is not sappy," he told him, laying his head back on his shoulder. Theo sighed contently, a hint of a smile appearing. 

" How's your dad?" Theo asked. 

" Not fun. But he's drunk most days anyway so I don't have to deal with him," Boris said, tensing the more he spoke. 

" Hey, it's alright. You don't have to deal with him while you're here," Theo reminded him. 

" I know, it just still hurts he doesn't care. I guess you get it."

I guess you get it

The whole reason they were inseparable in the first place. They got each other. Both only children, without a mother, a drunk father, no friends in this crappy place. 

" I do. One day, when I get out of this miserable place, you're coming with me. We can leave everybody behind. Just me, you, and Popper."

He felt Boris nod. 

" Is terrible here. We can go somewhere good. Like California," Boris mumbled. 

" Fine by me."

Boris quickly shot his head up and looked Theo right in the eyes.

" If you ever do leave...will you take me with you? Don't leave me here. I can't take it alone," Boris pleaded. The look in his eye made Theo want to cry. He really was afraid.

He was afraid of being alone. He was alone for most of his life, living in the streets, moving away from the only nice people he had ever met. He had been dragged from place to place for as long as he could remember. 

" Of course. I would never leave you here alone," Theo said. Boris nodded, going back to his previous position. 

" You know something, Potter?" 

" Hm?"

" This was place was pretty terrible until I met you."