keep yo head up

melo

The feeling of kisses trailing down my chest shook me right out my sleep

The feeling of kisses trailing down my chest shook me right out my sleep. Opening my eyes, I looked down to see a lump moving under my bed comforter.

"Aye, chill out," I said as I lightly pushed on the girls face before she could get to where she was tryna go.

Pulling the comforter, I sighed a breath of relief as I recognized the girl as Carolina, my usual fuck buddy. At least it wasn't no random. She smirked up at me like she was doing something good.

"You want me to get an uber for you?" I asked her as I reached for my phone from the nightstand.

"Just like that?" She frowned, sitting up.

"Right, my fault. Good morning Carolina, how you doing? You need me to get you an uber?" I tried again.

She laughed, "Eighteen, and you're still a dick. You're never gonna change huh Melo?"

I shrugged, as I went through snapchat stories. I saw videos I could tell were from the party last night yet I didn't have much recollection of it myself.

"I see I'm not the only one who thinks so." She smirked, as she pulled up her shirt.

"What you mean?"

"Your face."

Switching to the camera, I took in the new forming bruise on my cheek. Suddenly I remembered the girl from last night and how she punched me dead in my shit. It stung when I brought my hand up to feel it. I was gonna need some ice for sure. Damn, now Imma have to walk around with this shit on my face.

Fuck her. I shoulda called the police on her stupid ass.

I looked back up to see Carolina still staring at me with the same goofy grin, only now she was fully clothed.

"Again, you need an uber or..."

"No Melo. I don't need an uber, my car's out front. But I'm making myself breakfast before I go."

"Do what you gotta do." I responded, lifting myself from the bed.

"You want some?"

"You gon' poison it?"

She narrowed her eyes at me. I laughed, "Just put two waffles in the toaster for me."

She nodded before making her way out the room.

I took the opportunity to hop in for a quick shower. It was twelve already. Today was Sunday. Sundays was my day off, and on Sundays I'd spend most of the days in the hospital by Lonzo's side.