pillow talk

yasmin

"Damn this bed kinda small" Melo stood in front of the door, taking in my bedroom, "How we gon fit?"

"You're sleeping on the floor obviously," I rolled my eyes at him as I rang Kenya's phone another time. She wasn't answering and I couldn't take it.

Melo was here only because I ain't have the gas to take him home or the money to get the gas. And he swore up and down that uber server was down. I knew he was lying.

Kalin wasn't home with Jax yet thank God. If it was nobody here to watch Jax, Kalin brought him anywhere. At 10 years old, Jax been in about three different strip clubs and because of Kalin's control on the streets, nobody said shit.

"Jayo calling." he said before answering his phone.

"Speaker" I mouthed to him.

"Yo, where you at?" Jayo spoke. He sounded out of breath.

"I'm at Yasmin's" Melo answered.

"Huh— how? Where Kalin at?" Jayo asked confused.

"Nigga, is Kenya good?" I grew impatient.

"Man, this girl so damn slow. I carried her like a damn baby running out that place. Here, lemme put her on."

"Hello?" my heart calmed as I heard her voice.

"Damn Kenya, you fucking scared me. Where yo phone at?"

"Somewhere in this car, sis that shit was crazy. Are y'all good over there? Where you at?"

"We good, we're at mine." I answered.

"Use protection babygirl." she laughed.

"Kenya, you on speaker." I looked away growing embarrassed.

Melo laughed, "I got you Ken. but how bout Armani? Is he good? Y'all with him?" he took the phone back.

"Oh shit," she laughed ugly, "But yeah, he's here. He in the back seat. You wanna talk to him?"

Melo took a deep breath, "Nah, just make sure he get home safe."

"Is Hakeem good?" I spoke, ignoring the look I received from Melo.

"I ain't seen Keem.... Baby you seen Keem?" she asked Jayo.

"Shit, lemme call him now." I heard him in the background.

"I'll hit you later Yas. I'm glad you good."

"Love you Ken, stay safe." I told her before ending the call.

I took a seat on the end of my bed, "Welcome to Los Serrano's." I said sarcastically.

"It ain't all that bad." he shrugged.

"Nigga the party we was at just got shot up."

"Right but we good, and everybody we know good."

"You mean everybody you know. My whole damn high school was in that bitch." I spoke honestly. Even though my top priority was Jayo and Kenya, I still knew a lot of people. And not one of them deserved to lose their life like that.

"I'm sorry you gotta deal with stuff like this." he took a seat across from me.

"Anyway, you can sleep down there. I'll take you home in the morning I guess."

"Hold up ma. We got time now. You gon hear me out." he smirked at me.

"I'm really not though."

"What, you gon pretend I'm not here?"

"No Imma put my headphones in." I reached for my headphones from the nightstand.