money moves

yasmin

"Yasmin, this is highly unprofessional. We can do this another time. This is Ellen we're talking about. And plus, it'll still be here when the interview is over." Lauren, the manager I had established a love/hate relationship with, spoke from the passenger seat.

In the back of the Cadillac, I sat with Dream. Paparazzi crowded the car as I peed in a bottle, but nothing could be seen from the outside of the car.

Maybe, doing a pregnancy test in the back of the car hours before I step on live television wasn't the most "professional" thing to do. But I ain't never told nobody I was professional anyway. I wasn't bouta change either.

Ignoring her I focused on Dream, "What's it say?"

"Give it like a minute." she examined it.

"We don't have a minute." Lauren groaned.

"I'm not leaving till I know." I snapped. She really wanted to boss somebody like she was my momma, that's the part I hated bout her.

"Oh my god," Dream looked to me with nervous eyes.

"No, no, no, no." I brought my hand to my forehead feeling the world grow smaller. I really don't believe in abortion but what the fuck I'm bouta do with a baby. Somebody better "accidentally" push me down a flight of stairs cause this really wasn't it.

"Oh great." Lauren sighed still attempting to keep a cool composer. Key work, attempt. Sis was sweating up a damn ocean.  "Babe, it's okay. We can fix this."

"I'm just playing." Dream smiled, holding out to me. Only one lime was visible. I wasn't pregnant.

"Girl, I should beat your ass!" I swung but she dodged it, laughing.

"Oh thank God." Lauren smiled, seemingly more relieved then me. I mean the wait of her pocket depended on my career. I guess I'd be relieved too. "I'll set you up some birth control." she pulling out her phone. She did everything for me, that's the part I loved.

"Would it be that bad to have a mini Melo runnin round?" Dream laughed.

I didn't even have to think. "Yes."

She laughed bringing her hand up, and as she did I seen her lock screen. It was her and Keem. I frowned.

"I know you fucking lying." As I spoke her sight followed mine and she quickly locked her phone.

"Damn sis..... we talked it out." she tried to shrug it off.

"Talked it out that he cheated on you?" I tilted my head forward as I stared at her crazy.

"He didn't mean to."

"Dream." I was flabbergasted. She looked away, probably embarrassed. As she should be.

Yeah, Keem was cute. But he ain't that cute baby.

A knock on the car window sounded. It was Zayn, my favorite body guard. And since Carolina broke the news that it was deadass someone tryna kill me, it wasn't anywhere I went without him. I deadass tried not to think about the whole situation.