{010}

Chapter 10: Burn Baby Burn

❝all hope is lost for the little princess❞

all hope is lost for the little princess

"Catch." Peter said as he threw an apple towards Henry, "I don't like apples." he simply said as he handed the fruit back to the infamous leader. "Who doesn't like apples?" Ria walked towards the crowd of boys, her eyes darker than usual, "I don't like apples." She spoke up. "See, it's a family thing." Ria frowned, "I'm not part of your family Henry. Snow White and Prince Charming are not my parents." Before Henry could deny her, she walked away.

Ria watched from afar. She watched as Henry aimed the crossbow at Felix, who had an apple settled upon his messy blonde hair. "Shoot." The boy's chanted. The Lost Girl smirked as Henry quickly turned, shooting the arrow at Pan. "Told you it was exhilarating." He then tilted his head, "Come on."

Ria walked over to Devin as he sat alone. "Are you alright?" She asked, sitting on the floor beside his feet. The sixteen-year-old boy furrowed his brows, "I guess?" Ria shook her head, "Look, Devin, I'm sorry for using my magic to trick you constantly, it's just a little fun. I do take it too far sometimes." Devin smiled, "It's alright Ria. It's fun and games, that's what Neverland's about?" He asked as he held his hand out for her to take.

Ria stood up, only for her old tin whistle to be handed to her. "Play for us?" Devin asked, only for the younger Lost Boy's to beg her also. "I'm a little rusty." The boys shrugged. "Please, Ria?" She let out a sigh before lightly blowing.

A melody like no other filled the camp, the melody wasn't smooth and peaceful but sharp and raspy. Yet the music gave the boys a rush of joy as they danced around the fire. "I don't belong here," Henry said, looking at his aunt as she played(even though he heard nothing). "Actually you do, we've been waiting for you for a very long time, Henry. Long before you were even thought of." Henry shook his head, "I don't believe that." the infamous leader scoffed, "You should. This place runs on imagination and belief but your world has stopped believing." Pan looked back at the boy, "Neverland is dying Henry, it's magic is dying. And your heart can save it. And so can Ria's magic. You two just need to believe!" Henry looked at the girl before turning back to Pan, "We do believe."

Ria rubbed her eyes as she entered her tent. She let out a groan at the sight of the folded baby blanket. "They're not looking for me!" She whispered as she picked up the blanket. She rolled her eyes, "To hope would be stupid." The Lost Girl grabbed the blanket before storming out of her tent. "I don't believe you!" Henry told Pan before catching a glimpse of the raven-haired girl. Herny Mills sprinted towards her, "What are you doing?" he asked as she stood in front of the fire. No one could see Pan's smirk. "Getting rid of the one thing that gives me worthless hope." Henry frowned at the sight of Ria's dark blue, almost black eyes. "Don't you see? This is what Pan wants! He wants you to lose all hope!" Ria looked at the younger boy, "Don't you see Henry, I already have!" And with that, she threw the token of hope into the crackling flames of the bonfire...

authors note:

welp, Ria's lost all hope...

Anyways, hello, hi, how you doing?
So I recently broke my laptop and I don't have a good enough phone to write on, so I'm probably not going to be as active, I will still try to upload as often as I can!!

Thank you for understanding🙃