2

Antheia POV

"APHRODITE LILLIANA CAMPBELL!!" At the mention of her full name, my older sisters' head popped up in my doorway.

"Ya hoe? What you need?"

"Have you seen my curler, I really need to pack it or else I'mma look a mess this whole trip." She rolled her eyes and strolled in my room, opening a drawer in my vanity and retrieving it.

" I should honestly start looking for my things properly."

'Ya think?" We both chuckled at her snarky remark as she threw her body onto my bed.

"Do you really have to leave? I'm gonna miss you... I mean a whole year without you, that's fucking insane." I looked up at her and she had on the most adorable pouty face, begging me to stay.

"You out of all people know how major this opportunity is for me, I mean Teen Vogue ... but you know I'll be back home at least every 3 months and don't think I'd ever miss out on your birthday. I'll still be here for you sis, whenever you need me, I'm a phone call away."

Aphy pulled me in for a well-deserved hug and I actually shed a tear or two. I'm gonna miss her. Since I was born, she and I have never been separated for more than 3 months. It's going to suck, without her I seriously don't know how I'll cope.

***

Los fucking Angeles, the city of fucking cities. I took a look around the incredibly busy LAX Airport, I have no clue where to start. I grabbed my suitcases off the conveyor belt, it was quite a struggle but then an incredibly good looking Asian looking boy with glasses came and helped me out.

" You seriously don't have too, I can struggle on my own."

"My momma always told me to lend a helping hand where I can." He gave me this beautiful, heartwarming smile and I just stepped back to allow him to handle my 3 massive suitcases. He looked at the number of bags I had on me then looked back up at me.

"So did you just move here or are you a serious heavy packer?" We both laughed while I shook my head.

"I just got here, I've got a photography internship at Teen Vogue and I'll be here for the next year."

"Well, that's actually really fucking cool."

"Yeah, I'm really excited actually, I've always wanted to live down here. It just seems like the place to be."

"I understand you completely when my band and I got big we came down here and it was a big change from Dallas, life down here is just more fun."

All I did was nod my head in response and placed my smaller bags on top of my 3 suitcases. I attempted to push the cart but proved to be unsuccessful so once again, the boy took the reigns.

"Ohh. I'm Brandon by the way, Brandon Arreaga."

"I'm Antheia, Antheia Campbell."

"I have a feeling you and I will be good friends." I chuckled because he just met me, how would he know.

"I just know we will. Anyway, are you getting a cab or what?"

"Yeah, I've got to get settled in my apartment."

"Where you staying" At first I was a bit weary providing Brandon with the details of where I'd be staying but he seemed trustworthy. I really liked him... as a friend of course.

"The Ravello buildings." His eyes immediately went wide-eyed and eventually started nodding his head as if I had said something impressive.

"Damn, so I'm guessing you got paper, you be ballin'"

"No, my parents got paper, I wanted a normal small apartment but they had to get a hella expensive one."

He chuckled as we walked towards the doors, bound in conversation. He seemed like such a cool person and I honestly wanted to know more about him cause he was too interesting to let go off. After waiting and waving, we finally got a cab for me and Brandon and I exchanged numbers... I'm going to love L.A