18

Zion POV

I paced around the patio, waiting for the worst friend in history to awake from his slumber. Pissed off would not even begin to describe the raging emotions I felt towards Brandon at this point in time. The mere thought of him made my blood boil to an incredible high, which became clear due to the colour of my now rosy skin.

"You're going to have to calm down eventually, you're turning red."

"Austin. Shut up."

"All I'm saying is that you can't be angry. You and Theia aren't together so you really have no say in her choices. If she wanted to get with both you and Brandon then let her be."

"If Ansley had to do the same thing then this would be a very different conversation."

"But Zion, the difference is Ansley and I are actually dating. You and Antheia haven't been together in 3 years. Not to mention Brandon did tell us they immediately kicked it off from the day they met."

All I did was shake my head while I slowly made my way to the chair seated across Austin. I let my dreads fall over my face, shadowing my features, before looking back up at Austin, releasing a loud frustrated groan.

"You just don't get it, bro... When you've been in love with the same girl from the beginning of time, it hurts like fucking hell to see shit like this... especially when you know that shit never faded for both parties."

"I get it, I fucking messed up with her and there is no way in hell I could ever mend all the broken promises and the tears. There's no way I can make her forget all the Saturday nights we used to spend looking up at the stars, discussing all the future holds for our love. There's no fucking way possible I can make her forget about how I treated her just like an angel at the beginning of our relationship before turning into a self-concerned narcissistic dumbass."

"I can never forget all the horrible things I've done to her but I can prove to her I've changed... That's why I'm so upset. It's as if each time I kiss her, I feel one step closer to being whole again, a step closer to proving I'm not the same Zion she last saw in high school but when Brandon comes in with his stunts, knowing very well Antheia and I's history, I just feel as if he'll be the one barrier hindering me. I just want to be happy with Antheia but it seems once again, I'm second best to Brandon Arreaga."

Austin seemed genuinely shook at my sudden outburst into a deep monologue... honestly speaking, I didn't expect to tell Austin any of those things but it was the truth and I guess I just needed someone to vent too. He stood there staring at me with his eyes rimmed with remorse and sympathy.

"I didn't know you still loved her."

"Porter, bro. We've known each other for almost 3 years. While all you boys were loved up and shit, where was Zion? He was fucking crying and heartbroken cause he fucked up. I've never been able to look at another girl in the same way because a love that strong won't just fade and die over time."

Austin's face went a little blank for a moment, he was n thought. All I did was pull out my phone from my basketball shorts and texted Kekeli, who I'd be picking up in a few hours from the airport. Austin's face immediately lit up and his face was radiating with delight as he seemed to have conjured up a plan.

"Yo Z. What time is it?"

"Uhh, it's about 9:30." I replied with a clear tone of confusion dripping between my words.

"Shit, we're already running out of time. Get your ass in the shower and meet me at the car in 30 minutes."

Austin had run into the house with his lips curled into a huge smile. I had no clue what he was up too but I adhered to instructions and walked to one of 3 bathrooms in the house.

Within half an hour. I was dressed and sitting in the lounge, waiting upon Austin's arrival. How I'm done before him is a genuine miracle. I pulled out my phone staring at the message sent from Edwin before ignoring it. I live with him, I'll reply in person. I was about to record a voice note to Sammi when I felt a hard, calloused object strike my ear, immediately making it turn crimson due to the pain inflicted upon it by Austin's finger. I turned to see Austin causing my eyes to find their way to the back of my head.