23

Antheia POV

2 months later, April

Hittin all the right cues and you leaving your mark
But I know that ain't you, you're just playing your part... Baby
Tryna fit I them shoes but you take it too far
It doesn't matter where it takes you, I'll go wherever you are.

I sat in studio alongside Edwin and Nick who were currently playing me their latest single, Phases, off their next piece of work, Phases EP.

"Dude this song is mental. I mean you guys literally sing the words every single fucking girl in the world wants to hear."

"If you think that was good, wait till you hear Zion's part. We wrote this song like a while back, after you got with Brandon back."

"You mean after Zion and I broke up?"

"Yeah, he's still pretty broke over that. You guys seriously need to speak about this bro. Like he's back to being moody, angry Zion." I huffed as I sank further into the couch. I know breaking up with Zion probably wasn't the best decision but to top it all off I had too go and start hanging out with Brandon again. I mentally face palmed myself for my current phase of stupidity and bad life choices.

"Why'd you guys break up in the first place, I never actually got to know the whole story?" Nick questioned as he grabbed the fries in the Burger King paper bag."

"To clear things up, Zion and I were never boyfriend and girlfriend. He never actually got around to asking me out."

Flashback

"So the party's is still on tomorrow. You sure you not pullin through?" Ed inquired as he stuffed a Twinkie in his mouth.

"We're working virtually the whole day tomorrow and I highly doubt I'll have enough energy to come turn up with y'all tomorrow."

"Ay just consider it, I really want you to meet everyone. We haven't had a party in literal months."

"I'll try Ed but I make no promises." My phone began ringing in my clutch purse and I answered it as I walked out the kitchen speaking to my boss over the phone. As I walked into the lounge, Zion appeared from his bedroom and wrapped his arms around my torso from behind. He patiently awaited the end of my phonecall and once it did, I turned to face him.

"I hope that was you clearing up your work plans to come party with us tomorrow." I gave him a light smile and he already knew the outcome.

"Babe, I really like wanted you to meet Denzel and Ricky. I just wanted you to meet everyone so I could show you off."

"I know baby but this is a huge client I've landed, this could help me on my way to working independently."

"Yeah is aight. Atleast I got you for the night." Zion lifted me up before swinging me over his shoulder and leading me to his fairly clean bedroom. He placed me down on his bed before laying a soft, lingering kiss on my lips. He pulled away after a mere 10 seconds and walked over to his Fortnite station.

"You pay so much more attention to that stupid game than you do to me."

"It's addictive babe, not to mention I'm fucking great at it kay."

"Yeah...whatever." I muttered under my breath pulling out MacBook to once again watch movies ALONE while my man pays more attention to his stupid game than me. Zion sat down at his desk and began playing the game, completely ignoring my presence and existence. I logged onto my Netflix account and once again started Friends from the very first season.