27

"Elom shut the fuck up and come with me."

"Why me though, I don't want to spend the day with him. Like tf, what we gon do?"

"Shut the fuck up and go to your brothers room." He exhaled a loud, clearly annoyed sigh before walking out of Edwin's room, venturing off to Zion's.

I finally decided to go join the rest of civilization where everyone was setting up breakfast which immediately ignited my senses. I smiled as I saw Uncle Prosper smiling up at me as I walked in his direction

"Duwa langa. How are you this morning." My heart fluttered as the memories of my old nickname came flooding by like a tidal wave.

"Amaluwe Prosper. Muli bwanji?" He smiled as he was filled with immense pride in the fact that I still knew his native language better than any of his own children.

"Ndili bwino zikomo." He became quiet for a few moments before I noticed a few tears stream down his face.

"Ndakusowani kwambiri duwa langa." His words bought tears to my eyes I pulled him in for a warm embrace, soon enough, our moment was joined by what seemed to be another two bodies. I looked up to see Zion and his mother all joining our embrace and I smiled, this is how it was meant to be... It was never meant to change. Soon enough we all dislodged from one another and my heart was filled with now only hurt but rather joy.

"Someone come take a photo of us. Elom come in here and take a photo." Elom was heard hurrying from some direction of the house before strolling into the kitchen.

"Yes ma? What you need?"

"Come take a photo of my children and I." Elom's face fell as he registered what his mother said. He neared Zion taking the phone in his outreached hand and we all fell into formation for the photo. I was Mama Mandy and I were sandwiched between Amalume Prosper and Zion who both stood on separate sides.

"Nice to know I'm not a Kuwonu. I always knew I was way too good looking to be related to this fool." Zion was about to backhand his brother when he made a slick escape when I held Zion's hand back.

"Leave him." He smiled down at me before placing a light kiss on my forehead, lightly brushing away the whispering pieces of hair floating on my face.

"Happy birthday babe. I hope to spend many more with you... Once you find yourself out of course."

"I know exactly what I want. I just have to work for it and I'll get it, that I promise you my love" I stood on my toes to give him a light peck on the lips. Out the corner of my eye, I spotted both his parents admiring and taking photos at the same time. Once we let go of each other, Mama Mandy instructed us to get back together in order to take a photo.

"I need one for Instagram. I haven't posted you in forever my baby." I caught Zion rolling his eyes as I snaked my arms around his waist and placed my head on his chest. I smiled as the photo was snapped and I finally let go of him. Soon enough, a small crowd led by Kekeli entered the kitchen holding gift bags and a cake while all singing happy birthday. I pulled my phone out and took a video, my main focus being Zion's inability to know how to react to them singing.

"The boy has finally reached the 20 and above club... Sorry Brandon and Antheia." Everyone laughed at Nick's comment after the song had been terminated.

"I'm only 19 for less than a day. This is my last day of being a teenager guys."

"How lucky, we get a party today and tomorrow." I laughed Austin's comment thinking I'd actually throw a party on a Sunday when I've got work the next day.

"You know how I am about Sunday's. No drinking if I've hot work the next day."

"Come on, it's your birthday. You're seriously not going to do anything?" I looked up at Edwin who had confusion scribbled all over.