La Santa - Chapter Seventeen

Lee wiped the tears from her face, standing eagerly as the front door opened. "Hey!" She feigned a smile, taking his hand.

Oscar raised his eyebrows, setting his keys down. "Hey." He muttered, "you alright?"

She nodded, letting out a soft giggle. "Yeah, I was just waiting for you to get home so we could check the test I took about an hour ago." He sighed, pursing his lips. But he continued to listen, "you weren't answering your phone so I just figured you were busy or something."

"Amor I was–"

"None of my business." She grinned, "got it. Ready to go look? I have a good ass feeling about this one."

He kept his lips pinched together as he watched her walk away. He noticed her glossy eyes but didn't want to say anything, she had been on edge since they fought and they had barely spoken. Everything made her cry, so he decided to just leave it at that.

She entered the bathroom, grabbing the test to hand it to him without looking at it herself. She eagerly bit her bottom lip as he sighed, finally looking down. His face said it all, it was the same answer as before. He handed it back to her, shaking his head slightly. "Sorry."

Lee frowned when she saw the single line, her eyes glossing over yet again as she dropped the test in the sink. "Waste of time." She mumbled, pushing past him.

Oscar kissed his teeth, opening his mouth to say something but she had already walked out with tears running down her face. He glanced at the test, flicking the light off as he walked out and shut the door behind him. "Maybe we should take that break you were talking about last month." He leaned against the door frame of his bedroom, watching her wrap herself in a blanket. "Maybe it's just stressing you out too much."

A small "maybe" was heard from under the sheets, causing him to pout.

He sat on the edge of the bed, popping his lips before he spoke. "You shouldn't be so hard on yourself Lee, everything happens for a reason."

She poked her head out of the thick blanket, tears staining her flushed cheeks. "Me quiero morir."

Oscar kissed his teeth, gripping her ankle as he glanced back at her. "Don't say that. We have the rest of our lives to have a baby. Or twenty babies if you want."

"How do you know that?" She whimpered, her bottom lip trembling as she held in her tears. "Oscar I want to give you a family before..."

"Mi amor no llores." He sighed, scooting close to her to wrap his arms around her. "You are my family and I'm not going anywhere."

"Don't lie to me." She covered her face with the blanket, sobbing quietly.

"Why would I lie to you?" She didn't say anything so he took her hand out from under the blanket, kissing her knuckles. "I'm a lot of things baby." He set another kiss to them, chuckling softly. "But I ain't ever been a liar."

She looked up at him with her big brown eyes, blinking a couple of times before speaking in the softest voice possible. "I love you."

He gave her a crooked smile, "y yo a ti mi niña." He kissed her head, "come no te imaginas."

She smiled as he pressed a kiss to her lips. Then she spoke, "you've been through a lot."

He hummed, "but we all go through shit."

"You deserve to be happy." She sat up, his eyes following. "I want nothing but to make you as happy as you make me."

He gushed, chuckling softly as he laid back. "You tryna get in my pants?"

Lee scoffed, shoving him playfully. "I knew you just had to say some stupid shit." He laughed, running the pad of his thumb over her hand. "We can keep trying but," she shrugged, "maybe not as often."

He pouted, shaking his head. "I wasn't completing about that."