Angel Blade

The next morning, Devyn had found a message on his phone stating Slyvaia wanted to see him as soon as possible but he had to call for his replacement to cover Lunch and Dinner.  He'd at least do breakfast, even getting up early to head down the halls straight for the Kitchen.  As he was yawning he failed to see the Demon sitting at the front desk possibly catching up on Paperwork as Alastor looked up while taking his work glasses off.  Devyn glanced at the other and not saying a word he turned quickly to head to the Kitchen, this behavior surprised Alastor but he sat to finish his work while thinking he'd go check on the Chef later.  Devyn wasn't sure why he felt odd then but seeing the other as he did made him feel somewhat happy or maybe content that there was another who knew about him.  Being as old as the Incubus was, there were only a few who remembered him as he used to be, "Devil's Bane" had been a monster and killed many others.  Even so, with Alastor knowing about his past and has yet to kick him out of the Hotel.  Maybe the two old Demons would be on more friendlier terms, but Devyn didn't hold his breath on that hope.  Not that he wanted the Radio Demon to like him or anything, he began turning things on and getting the prep done for breakfast.  As far as his replacement covering him for Lunch and Dinner, he wasn't sure if he should tell Alastor he was going out only because the other seemed to be keeping tabs on him now.  As he was starting to cook the food for breakfast, Alastor entered the Kitchen with his usual grin and seemed to be in a calm mood.  Devyn having been distracted for a second, returned his attention back to what he was doing as the other was getting hot water ready to make himself tea.  Alastor glanced at Devyn as he watched the Chef get into a type of trance, focused and enjoying his task and not long he began to sing.

"Yeah, I rather be a lover than a fighter, because all my life I've been fighting,

I never felt a feeling of comfort, and all this time I've been hiding,

And I never asked someone to cut my own, oh no, I'm so used to sharing,

Love only left me alone but I'm at one with the silence

I found peace in your violence, can't tell me there's no point in trying,

I'm at one, and I've been quiet for so long..."

           Listening to the other's voice, Alastor had to admit it sounded calming even to him and as he made his tea to sit at the counter he waited for the other to finish singing before asking.

"Interesting song, care to share what it's about?"  Devyn didn't forget that he was there but all the same hearing his voice suddenly did make him jump as he was pulled from his trance to look at the other.  He was confused as to why Alastor cared but it couldn't hurt to socialize right?

"It's called Silence, speaks of how one has accepted the violence in the world and that even so, one should still try.  I doubt that kind of thing is to your liking, eh Radio Demon?"  He raised an eyebrow as the other sipped his tea while grinning,

"Whatever do you mean?  Back when I was alive, the world was just as bad as it is now?  I think I tried plenty especially during the Stock Market crash, one doesn't get punished with being a Cannibal in Hell for nothing."  This didn't surprise Devyn as he could imagine during that time, many of the Souls who died then had committed many sins and it was speculated that although Alastor was a Deer Demon he had to eat Venison to sate his hunger.

"You say Cannibal, and as the rumors tell it you have been known to devour other Demons.  Yet I don't think that fills you, seeing as Venison seems to be your favorite.  Especially raw."  He glanced at Alastor as he was serving the food, the Radio Demon gave him a look as if suspicious of his statement.