On Your Side

It didn't take Devyn long to follow the scent of the Radio Demon, running through the back alley to head towards the forest where they had first met, the Incubus wasn't sure what he could do with how weak he was but he couldn't allow Slyvaia to harm Alastor.  Granted the other was considered an Overlord, should the Succubus get the drop on him and using that Angel Blade would weaken the Radio Demon.  Maybe it was in his nature to help others that Devyn felt he needed to do this, he didn't want either of the Demons to be harmed but the question was there in the back of his mind.  Why did he care for Alastor?  Devyn had misjudged the Demon, believing he was the same as he was when he first arrived in Hell albeit he still had murderous tendencies.  Alastor cared about the Hotel, cared about Charlie to have made a change in how he treated others, he would never admit it though.  Devyn saw through the other's walls he had put up, the warm feeling in his heart was there as he thought of the Radio Demon.  Traversing through the forest, he lost the scent amongst the trees and brush now walking blind as he came to a small clearing.  It was the same one where he had first met Alastor, to think he'd been in Hell for at least eighty-six years and he only met the Infamous Radio Demon a month or so ago.  Lost in thought, Devyn failed to sense the Shadow that was sneaking up behind him, he was tackled by the screeching creature that resembled Alastor.  Devyn cried out as they rolled to the ground struggling to push the creature off him as Alastor walked out of the brush.  His grin widened as his eyes burned with anger, he held his microphone in front of him as it glowed red letting out a low ominous tune, almost like in a horror movie.  While Devyn continued to struggle with Alastor's Shadow, its claws raking down over the Incubus' arms and chest as he kept it from reaching his face.

"Alastor!  Call it off, damn it!"  His eyes began shifting black as he felt his own anger rising, he didn't have much Power but he wasn't going to lay there and take it either.

"I think you and I both know, this is your last chance, Devyn!  You planned that murder, somehow I know you did!"  Alastor's eyes began turning as did his form, the aura grew static and the shadows began rising.  Devyn knew the other was losing it,

"I didn't do it, I swear!  It was Slyvaia, she planned to ambush you out here!"  Alastor tilted his head before it seemed to static shift to look distorted, he chuckled, it was at this point where the Radio Demon no longer cared to trust or listen to the other.

"Tired of your lies, Chef, no worries.  I'll take care of you and your little friend!"  He let out another laugh as he began walking closer, his shadows beginning to move forward and it was then that Devyn realized the other wasn't going to listen.  Growling he summoned his flames to blast the creature off him, rolling to stand and face the other.  Devyn gasped as he was bombarded by the shadow tendrils Alastor had summoned, he felt them tear at his body until he was able to summon his fire in a whirlwind around himself.  Standing weakly while breathing heavily, his wounds were healing slowly which was taking more Power from him.

"Alastor... please don't do this.  I'm on your side," the Radio Demon paused as he heard this, no one had ever said such a thing to him before and why would they?  No one trusted the Radio Demon, the other was just stalling and yet at the sight of Devyn.  Alastor realized that the other possibly hadn't fed in a while, he was weakening fast and would fall to him.  The thought should have brought him delight instead it made him hesitate.  Before anything else, Alastor looked up as he heard the Succubus flying down to grab him while lifting him into the air.  She screeched,

"How dare you harm, Devyn!  I'll kill you, Radio Demon!"  She tossed him back to the ground, the impact created a crater within the dirt as the rubble and smoke covered the clearing.  Devyn fell to his knees too weak to move as he watched the other's fighting, he cursed as he wouldn't be able to help the other after all.  The Radio Demon pulled himself up from the hole in the ground, blood dripped down his face whether from his wounds or from his form becoming more distorted as he stood to face the Succubus who glared at him.  Drawing her blade she hovered in the air as Alastor spoke,