No Happy Ending: Thomas

You have been best friends since you entered the glade. It was perfect, and you had heard rumors he liked you. You had a crush on him since day 1, so happy was an understatement. Everything was perfect and normal.

Until Teresa came.

He was always with her, she was mumbling his name in her sleep. Soon Thomas stopped talking to you. You soon remembered how Newt got his limp. Maybe it would work for you.

No.

You couldn't. You would talk to Thomas later.

*

You went over to where Thomas and you usually meet up. It was your secret place.

You heard laughing. You ran faster.

"What are you doing!?" You yelled at him.

"Talking to Teresa. What's your problem?" You glared at him and saw her smirking.

"My 'PROBLEM', is that you, my best friend, are showing HER our secret place, you, my best friend, are ignoring and avoiding me for HER. All of my 'problems' with you, lead back to HER!" You yelled, now feeling tears drip down your face.

"Don't talk about Teresa like that! You're just being selfish!" He yelled back at you. You stayed frozen, not believing at what he just yelled to you. Soon you nodded.

"You know what. You're right Thomas." You said through your tears, "And to think I loved you."

"What." He says. You shake your head and run away.

*

You get to your room and start writing:

Dear Thomas,

I have nothing to live for. You're the only person who liked me and now you don't. It's really sad because when we first met, we made a pack. The pack was: eat, drink, sleep, run but always remember to have time for each other.

Man did that pack go down hill.

By the time you read this, I will have jumped off the walls of the maze.

I love you so much.

Love, Y/N.

*

After you signed it, you put it in an envelope. You walked outside to see all of the gladers glaring at you.

Thomas or Teresa probably started a rumor about you.

You walked over to where Newt was.

"Give this to Thomas in 10 minutes. Please." Newt nodded.

"Goodbye Newt." And with that, you turned and ran into the maze.

You ran until you couldn't breath.

You looked up to see that the wall was easily over 30 feet. Perfect.

You started to climb until you reached the top. You looked over your surroundings.

Such a shame you have to leave a place this pretty. When you turned to the back of you, you saw a bunch of gladers. You were on the wall that separated the maze and the glade.

Everyone was looking up at you. You saw Thomas grab the envelope from Newt. Thomas fell to his knees. Newt finally saw you and knew what you were doing.

"Y/N! Don't!" He yelled.

"Goodbye, Thomas." You whispered.

You held your arms out and you fell backwards.

*

You woke up with a start

You looked around and saw you were in the homestead.

In the med jacks room. You laid back down.

No. No. No. It didn't work.

You started crying.

"Y/N?" You heard to your left. You looked over and saw Thomas. You closed your eyes.

"Y/N please. Tell me why." He pleaded.

"I have no friends anymore. I have no family. We're stuck here forever. My best friend basically told me to get lost. And worst of all, I'm falling for you." You cried. "And everything that falls, breaks."

"Then let's not fall in love, let's BE in love." He said and kissed you.

"I love you."