Target Locked by G (woxihuandiyue)

Title: Target Locked | Author: G (  woxihuandiyue ) | Universe: Assassins | Story Rating : T

***

Today

I looked at my watch.

It's almost 12 noon and Tsukushi Makino will soon be leaving the building.

Wednesday - the day I'm going to finish the "job" for Justice Ximen.

I'm currently hiding up a tree, about 500 meters away from the building. This gives me enough distance to shoot her with my M16 rifle.

After a few more minutes, I saw her walk down the stairs of the building's entrance.

I stared at her for quite a while, wondering what my life would have been if she had come into my life at a different time.

Maybe I wouldn't be an assassin.

And maybe I wouldn't have been hired to kill her.

She continued smiling sweetly but soon... her face will be devoid of any other emotion.

I dialed the Justice's number.

"Be ready to watch," I told him as soon as he picked up.

I aimed the rifle at her heart and in one swift pull of the trigger, the bullet flew towards her chest.

I watched her face explode in shock, her mouth forming a big O. Her right hand rose up to her chest as she fell, ever so slowly, towards the ground, face down.

People gathered around her, and after about three minutes, an ambulance came to take her to the nearest hospital.

Just like that... her body is gone and what is left on the ground is just her blood.

I jumped down from the tree with a heart as heavy as lead.

I stealthily moved to my car and once inside, I took my phone and dialed Hua Ze Lei's number.

I told my best friend to meet me at my house.

We arrived almost at the same time. I joined him in his car and we started driving towards the countryside, to my ancestral home.

I am sure he noticed my uneasiness since he didn't talk to me during the whole ride.

I appreciated that because I don't think I would have been able to answer any of his questions.

After a long drive, I finally saw the outline of our family home.

We both quietly walked towards the door and without even knocking, it opened.

I was suddenly enveloped in to someone's hug.