Sweetest Catastrophe by Lia (liaaaa_diy)

Title: Sweetest Catastrophe | Author: Lia ( liaaaa_diy ) | Universe: Wild West / Cowboys | Story Rating : K+

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Brought together by revenge, Joined as one by the universe"

He had become enthralled, not knowing that he had begun acting out of character... not even knowing that, in truth, the only thing that matters is to be with her, wholeheartedly, and to accept the fact that the universe will find a way to make anything possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a windy and starry night as a lone cowboy wandered into the frontier of the territory of low-class settlers, along the Gangsa borderline, on a mission to check out how their family businesses have been faring in this side of the country.

He wore maroon-colored flannels with suspenders and a holster in his waist, where he strapped in his revolver. He entered a saloon, looking the part of a troublesome gentleman.

Only a handful of people will recognize him as Daoming Si, son of "probably" the richest man alive.

It has been a decade since the Daoming family became pioneers in the west and being a member of the family is equivalent to being "royalty" in the eyes of many in the populace.

The family owns ranches, mines, and transportation lines and they are so wealthy (probably the wealthiest amongst the richest families in the territory), even the government cannot touch them.

Proof of this is that the Daoming patriarch is also a notorious gunslinger and "outlaw" and those supposed to enforce the law DARE not even give him that title out of fear.

His only male heir, THE Daoming Si, who is now maneuvering himself between the crowd, is known for brash courage, skills, and the same kind of selfishness his father has. He is also the same gunslinging cowboy (not yet fully an outlaw) but no one checks on him as well.

In truth, a plethora of girls want to be with him but the lad has no interest and thinks only of himself.

He prefers being alone rather than saddled with a woman, especially as he likes keeping a low profile so he can move freely.

Tonight, the saloon he chose is filled with noise from different guests winding up their day, the sound of shouts from rustlers and wranglers, mugs of beer clanging against each other, coins dropping on the ground from a round of cards, men chugging down bottles of cactus wine, and women going about providing comfort of the physical kind to gamblers and wanderers alike.

He walked straight to the counter.

"Ah Si", a disembodied voice calling out his nickname came from behind him, causing him to turn back swiftly.