Clarity by Diandra (girlnamediandra)

Title: Clarity | Author: Diandra ( girlnamediandra ) | Universe: Wallstreet / Banking | Story Rating: T

---------------------------

Shan Cai always loved her early morning walk to the office.

She had a car at her home, but she preferred to commute. On the way to the subway station, Shan Cai would stop at her favorite coffee shop and ordered a soy coffee latte to go, or sometimes a vanilla latte. She was never a big fan of black coffee. She drank it occasionally though.

The walk was only 10 minutes - 20 minutes including waiting for her coffee. But she didn't mind. She enjoyed the city buzz around her. Even though this morning was windy and gloomy, it didn't dampen her spirit.

She occasionally stopped in front of the building where she worked while thinking about how amazing that she was here right now, working at one of the most reputable financial institutions in Shanghai. She made her parents proud of her back at her hometown, and she could provide everything her parents needed. Her career was doing fantastic right now, and she couldn't be anymore blessed than this.

Shan Cai was waiting for the elevator when Xiao You came wearing her big grin. "Morning, Shan Cai! You look good today!"

"Morning, Xiao You! You look like you had good sex last night," Shan Cai teased her.

"I did! Oh my God, I did!" Xiao You licked her lips crudely, teasing her back.

"I should've seen that coming..." Shan Cai chuckled.

"Ha!"

Shan Cai met Xiao You during the training program, and they hit it off from the start. It continued when both were assigned to the same department and now Xiao You was Shan Cai's best friend. Xiao You helped her a lot as she adjusted to the city's life.

Shan Cai and Xiao You waited for the elevator to arrive while chatting. Their workmates had started to gather in front of the elevator, and they talked excitedly about their weekend.

Shan Cai saw him before anyone else. Dao Ming Si leisurely walked toward the elevator, and people around him cluttered around to give him space.

It was ridiculous because their building's lobby was huge and there was plenty of space around them. The other employees started bowing and greeted him.

Shan Cai almost rolled her eyes but smiled instead. "Good morning, Sir..."

Dao Ming Si's eyes fixated at her and smiled. "Morning, Miss Shan Cai..."

"Good morning, Sir!" Xiao You greeted cheerfully.

"Good morning, Miss Xiao You..." He smiled at Xiao You.