Chapter 14

(Samus' Point Of View):

"King Daphnes." Impa said. We were standing by the opened door to the throne room.

"Yes Impa?" Zelda peaked over at her father behind the door. Impa, Daisy, and I walked down the red carpet laid on the throne room's floor over to King Daphnes. I looked over at Ganondorf. He glanced over at us. Daisy and I wore outfits Impa had picked out for us from Kakariko village so that we were disguised. That way Ganondorf wouldn't notice that we were both from a different world. Daisy had looked nervous. "These are two girls who would like to be my assistants. Daisy and Samus. They are from Kakariko village, my home."

"I see. Well welcome friends." King Daphnes said. "You are welcome to stay as long as you like." We both nodded our heads. Ganondorf kept looking over to us. Something was indeed very suspicious about him. King Daphnes looked over to Ganondorf.

"Welcome." Ganondorf said. The three of us turned around and walked out of the throne room. The wooden doors closed behind us.

"I think he knows something's up." Daisy whispered as we walked down the hall.

"I get the same feeling." I responded.

"Whether he thinks that now or not, we need to convince them that we are who we say." Impa said. "Otherwise they will know." Zelda appeared from the corner.

"So... what did they think?"

"The first step is complete princess."

"Great!"

"We must keep our plan in the dark. Do not let them find out about it."

"Agreed. We must help protect Hyrule from evil." We stepped into a room. "This is where you two will spend the night for the time being. Make sure no one comes in here but Impa or me. Got it?"

"Got it."

"Good. Rest up. In the morning, we're going to go and visit a village that's been attacked recently."

"Ok. Good night."

"Good night." Daisy and I went to our beds.

Night had fallen. Daisy was sleeping silently with her back toward me. I stared at the ceiling, not being able to fall asleep with all of these thoughts and memories swirling around in my head. I looked out my window and saw the clouds covering the mysterious moon. I swung my legs off of the bed and stood up. I walked close to the window and stared at the moon. I realized that this world was so much different than the alien, bounty hunter world I lived in. This wasn't something I had ever experienced before.

"Samus?" Daisy had woken up.

"Yeah?"

"Why are you still awake?"

"I just can't sleep. That's all."

"Yeah. I've only been asleep for what's felt like a half an hour. Ugh!" Daisy got up and came next to me to look at the moon. "You know? This feels strange. Don't you think?"

"What does?"

"You know? The fact that this place is so much different than where both of us come from. It's just strange. I keep feeling like this is all just one big dream but it's not. From where I come from, we were told that there wasn't anything on this side of the Nintendo world. That it's just some big black hole with nothing there to see, hear, touch, smell, or even taste. Just nothing. And I actually believed that... it's just crazy! I wonder why they would think that? How could they think there was nothing here? That none of this was real?"

"I'm going to bed."

"No wait? Don't you think it's strange too?"

"I suppose..."

"By the way, what did your adoptive family tell you about this place?"

"Can we talk about this tomorrow?"

"Yeah sure."

"Okay." I laid back down and put the covers on me. "Good night."

"Good night." Daisy glanced for a few more minutes at the moon and then went back to bed.

Morning arrived and the four of us rode on horseback to the village with King Daphnes, Ganondorf, and a few guards. When we got there, we saw that the village had been massacred. Daisy turned her face away, not seeing death's bloody wrath in front of her. However, Zelda and I already knew what death looked like and the horrible things it does around us. That was one thing both of our worlds, in fact, all of our worlds had in common. There was indeed death itself. It was fate. No one could ever escape its grasp.

"This village must have been massacred. The poor things." Zelda said.

"Guards. Let us bury these bodies and have respect for them. Rest in peace young souls."

"A tragic loss sir." Ganondorf replied. As we buried the twenty lifeless bodies, I was reminded of my past. Of some awful memories I had encountered. Where I came from, it wasn't surprising to be only 15 and seeing dead bodies around you from different aliens since 13 years old. I glanced over at Daisy. She was about to start crying and I appeared to her right so that Ganondorf would not see Daisy's tears, for in this kingdom, it was common to see dead bodies. If he had seen her sobbing, it would only mean that he would start to suspect. He looked over in our direction and then turned his eyes onto Zelda. Zelda looked up and glanced back at him. They seemed as if they had a disliking to each other the way they looked at each other seriously.

We headed back to the castle after the burial was over. Daisy was sitting on my bed, looking out at the sky again. I went to take a walk, wanting to have space and silence to think to myself. As I was about to turn around the corner and go outside, Ganondorf came in front of me.

"Glad to see you young Sheikah. I wanted to talk to you for a moment. About the king." He said to me.

"What about the king?"

"Well..."

"What do you want to talk about my father for?" Zelda said behind him. He gave her a slight glare while turning around.

"I'm just concerned about your father is all."

"Why's that?"

"Well he just seems very tired from all of these attacks lately. I wonder if maybe I should take care of these attacks for him."

"Yes, it seems that way. But he's a very strong man. I'm sure he's fine." Zelda replied.

"Well if he would need anyone at all to help him in this desperate time, you know where to find me."

"I will." He walked away. Zelda and I were on our way back to the room given to Daisy and I.

"Who does he think he is, trying to act innocent." Zelda whispered.

"Thanks for saving me back there."

"You're welcome. I just don't want any of you to get hurt in the process all because of power, you know?" We walked back to the room.