Dealings

After a tear-filled evening, Sanem and her parents became nostalgic and had started talking about her childhood and how quickly it had seemed to pass now that they were discussing very grown up things.  They were weepy, but also joyful and laughed at some of the goofy, but sweet memories.  Leyla had heard the laughter and came to join them.  Mevkibe had pulled out photos and keepsakes while Nihat brought Leyla up to speed.  After a brief moment of surprise, Leyla crossed her arms, eyeing her little sister. "I knew there was something between you...  a rare connection."  Sanem rolled her eyes, but didn't want to start an argument, so conceded.  "Whatever you say abla."  The family continued their night and ended things with love and support, but with the understanding that there were still a lot to discuss, along with certain expectations from a certain gentleman.  All agreed to work through things together and wished each other goodnight.

--------------------------------------------------------

Can had spent his evening on the sofa, doing some research.  His brother arrived home and interrupted, but Can was too happy to mind much.  He told Emre he thought things might be moving to a sort of 'next step' with Sanem, having had tea with her family.  Emre was happy for his brother... only slightly jealous.  Not so much jealous as just disappointed with how his own romance had ended up.  Can could see it and finally decided to broach the subject.  "I'm sorry about how things turned out with Aylin brother,"  Emre realized his feelings must have shown on his face and tried to shift as his abi went on, "but let's be honest...  you've fallen for another."

Emre gave a genuine look of confusion, "Have I?  Please enlighten me!"  Can chuckled a bit and leaned forward to slap his brother on the knee.  "You may not realize it... what with the distraction of Aylin and all the drama, and baggage that came with her..."  Emre just stared and gave an expectant look, spreading his hands in anticipation.  Can's smile widened, then he said simply, "Leyla."  Emre of course just scoffed.  "Is that so."  Can gave a slow blink and a nod, "Yep."  Emre tried to brush it off, "I think you see through your own haze of romance Abi," as he walked away, toward the kitchen.  Can didn't push it but, called after him, "I see reality...  you will too, with time."  He heard an exaggerated "Ha!" from the kitchen and shook his head with a smile as he set back to his task, then pausing and calling back to his brother, "Hey, where have you been anyway?"

Emre came back to the living room, handing Can a night cap.  "I actually had dinner with a possible connection for a potential client... I've set up meeting tomorrow at the office."  He raised his own glass and Can obliged, giving the customary 'tink' before they both drank.  "Excellent!  One, maybe two more substantial accounts should settle things nicely."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Monday morning came with a laundry list of tasks for everyone at the agency and the general work area was abuzz with activity.  Per usual, Cey-Cey was having a frantic spat with Guliz at the drink station... the aftermath of Deren's barking of orders, naturally.  Sanem had set her things at her workstation and joined the pair to make Can's chai.  "Günaydın!"  The interruption of their little tiff was a welcome one as they ceased their bickering and wished their friend good morning as well.  They chit-chatted a bit as the tea brewed and then all at once, Cey-Cey became, somewhat... muted.  He looked as though a haunting feeling had washed over him and then his face transformed to anticipated fear....  mixed with a touch of revulsion.  Sanem and Guliz watched him, "Cey-Cey?"  Sanem gave him a little shake and he winced, "Ah!  She approaches - the witch!"  Guliz looked about with agitation, "Deren comes back?"  Cey-Cey barked, "No you imbecile!  The evil sorceress from the bowels of Hell herself!"  The girls were at a loss as he simply sunk to floor, raising a coffee filter as if to hide behind it.  Then they heard a murmur of hushed tones and whisperings just before her voice-  "Selam!"