Who Do You Love?

Monday March 14th 1988 Motown California Office 12:30 p.m.

It's been a month since I spend the night and amazing morning with Michael.

When I woke up round after round after round went on as he drenched me in his love and although I was tempted to take him up on his offer but my heart just couldn't for fear that we will never evolve pass the point we always go to.

And I do love Berry I don't want to keep hurting him or lying to him nor do I want to leave him heartbroken but Michael is a addictive weakness I can't always say no to.

Meeting Berry at the office for lunch like he asked I had on my shades and holding my bag as I walk through motown offices.

When he finally did come back from his business trip it was like he wasn't never around as he still was just working and working.

I am a hardworker too but at some point I thought I would see him not just through passing phone calls and silent lunch dates.

"Hi Diana here to see Berry..." I say to his receptionist Delilah as she nods and motion me towards his office door.

Opening the door I notice him on a conference call with Smokey and Suzanne who is sitting on his desk.

"Look Smokey we going to do some more concerts but I think we need to head back out to Chicago area I hear there's some real up and coming talent out there and I want my hands on it man..." Berry says noticing me smirking but still dealing with his call Suzanne waves.

"Yeah smokey this can be huge for us I am going to start drafting up some plans but I think holding a talent show should surely shake up the masses a motown star search..." Suzanne says and I patiently stand by the window overlooking the city of angels as they like to call it.

The cars zoom by and the billboards stand advertising everything from jerry curl activator to the new sandwich at McDonald's.

My thoughts race to the conversation I had with Michael the morning after.

"Just leave him Lilibeth and be with me I love you I prove that over and over and over again all over your house and you did too you want so much that you even want me now I see how your lips is quivering..."

"Michael its not that easy..."

"It was easy enough to love you up and down....wait sorry I didn't mean that..."

"Just forget it we are too toxic to be together Michael my heart can't take another round of you..."

"But you're body can...am I only sex to you now Lilibeth..."

"No you're..."

"What a friend who occasionally picks up the pieces when your man doesn't? I don't want to be your rebound nor do I want his leftovers which were originally mine to begin with..."

"Yours that you didn't want since you loved it and left it..."

"You know it wasn't like that baby..."

"Oh really it wasn't? Than why did it feel that way?"

Thinking about the conversation almost brought tears to my eyes but I held them back as my dark shades hid any and all expressions.

"Diana did you hear me Smokey said hello?" Berry says and I shake the thoughts of Michael from my head.

I don't know why I am even thinking about him he was in New York kissing his dancer on stage in public he clearly moved on and I need too as well.

"Oh I'm sorry Smokey Hi my mind is just a bit preoccupied..." I say as everyone chuckle.

"It's okay Diana look I know you and that old crow of a fiancee of yours got lunch plans I won't hold you guys up any longer I'll talk to you later I got dinner plans I need to make for tonight you know New York never sleeps later..." Smokey says hanging up as Suzanne finally hops off of Berry desk.

"Well I need to look after some artists I'll let you know when I get all the business trip itinerary together congratulations on the nuptials again and if you need any help planning let me know Diana..." Suzanne says and I nod.

"Dove are you okay?" Berry ask hugging me and I sigh.

When he arms wrapped around me I instantly think of Michael and our time.

"Another business trip? You promise me you will be here to help me plan and to make up for Valentine's day..." I sigh and he kiss my shoulder but not like Michael.

"Baby I know look how about you come with me to Chicago as I make up for Valentine's day and when we get back I'll look at all the plans you have..." He says and I pull away.

"We don't even have a date set Berry and a business trip is not my idea of romance...why propose to me if you weren't ready to marry me?" I say sitting down on his desk.

"Nonsense dove I love you of course I want to marry you okay how about this let me check my calendar and pick a day..." He says pulling out his planner.

"How about Saturday September 3rd?" He says with worry eyes and I smirk.

"That sounds much better...but I can't go with you to Chicago and you need to be here to look at the plans too..." I say and he smirk tipping my chin.

"As long as I see you walk to me at the end of the altar looking beautiful in white I don't care about anything in between." He says kissing me deeply and that's when Michael's lips appear in my mind.

Moaning I grip his collar laying back against the desk thoughts of Michael cloud my brain.

Loosening his tie he caress my legs before he bites his lips.

Walking away he locks the office door before he takes me against his desk but not before he puts on a condom.

Berry doesn't want anymore kids especially before we are married I hope the kids idea changes after.

"Mhmm Diana..." His voice doesn't even sound the same and I realized I fucked up.

Here I am having sex with my Fiancee but all I can think about is Michael...

I still want him, I still need him...I love him.....

"Lilibeth I love you just think about us please..."

Was the last thing Michael said to me before he had to leave.

The thing is now all I think about is us, and how far caught up I am.....