Nightmares

A/N: (y/f/n) = your friend's name

You quickly sit up, breathing heavily, sweat running down the side of your face. You look down at the tangled mess your blankets have made and quickly push them off, a strange claustrophobic feeling dawning on you.

Alright (y/n) you think to yourself. Deep breaths. You exhale and inhale trying to slow down your beating heart, but it doesn't work. The creepy silence in your cabin gives you an eerie feeling down your spine.

Without thinking you get out of bed softly and tip-toe out of the (g/p/n) cabin. After closing the door you paddle across the different cabins. Damn the fact that your best friend's cabin is all the way on the other side of camp.

Damn those nightmares too. 'Bloody nightmares' you mutter under your breath. You tuck your hands to your chest as an icy gust of wind blows past you.

when you finally stop in front of the black cabin with a huge skull carved into the top, you honestly thought that a pomegranate would have sufficed to show that this was the Hades cabin but your best friend thought otherwise.

The moon shines brightly as you knock on Nico's cabin door furiously. The memories from your nightmare flash before you as your eyes droop from tiredness. Blood pouring out off a chest, agonizing screams, and someone whispering your name.

'(y/n)? (y/n)!' Your eyes shoot open when you realize Nico is in front of you. The door wide open. '(y/n)?' his soft chocolate eyes on yours, filled with concern.

You look at Nico taking in his appearance, his raven hair sticks out at random ends, he's wearing black and grey soft plaid pajama bottoms and a thin black t shirt hangs loosely off his chest. The same chest you saw bloodied in your nightmares.

Subconsciously you shiver at the memory trying to get it out of your head. 'Nightmares?' his soft voice asks.

You look down not trusting yourself to speak and nod a few times instead. Instantly he pulls you into a hug and you wrap your arms around his torso, familiar with the fitting of his body. Nico was never comfortable with physical contact and only gave his hugs to people very close to him, which was just you in this case.

You take a deep breath, savoring the smell of Nico's vanilla musk. 'Come on' he whispers a he leads you out of the cold night and into his warm room.

As Nico sits on his bed, head resting against the dashboard. You grab the blanket over you and snuggle closer to him. Nico puts an arm around you as you lay your head on his chest causing your heart to beat fast and a blush to rise on your cheeks.

You bury your face deeper in his chest trying to hide the blush, but as always Nico is oblivious. He has been since you began to see his in that way. Even though you had known him for a long time you had only finally realized that you may have feelings for the Ghost King when you had almost lost him.

You hadn't seen or heard from him in months. All you knew was that he was on the Argo II along with the 7 chosen demi-gods. And when the battle against Gaea was finally over, the heroes returned back to camp. You were tending to the many injured in camp when the 7 and Nico came back.

You can still remember (y/f/n) running up to you, her eyes gleaming as she told you he was home. You'd quickly put down whatever you were holding and sprinting towards the Big House, and there at the entrance stood Nico.

Dried blood caked the side of his face, his long unkempt hair falling into his eyes and his t shirt had a few slashes through it. Your heart did a double take when you looked at him. You had ran in to hug him, which took the Son of Hades by surprised.

You held onto him tightly as tears began to blur your vision. He hugged you back just as tightly as the tears begin to fall. From that day on you knew you saw the Ghost King in a different way, you had tried to suppress those feelings but they would just come back stronger every time he gave you a hug, or held your hand, or even when he gave you one of his rare smiles. You were a goner for Nico Di Angelo.

You hadn't realized that Nico had dosed off to sleep when you looked up at his peaceful face. He had a small smile on his soft lips and his features looked relaxed on his olive skin. You slowly trace the side of his face with your fingertips, sending electric currents down your hand, your eyes constantly darting down to his parted pink lips. Why couldn't you just kiss him?

Sighing you gently shake Nico awake. 'You're going to get cramps in the morning, lie down' he rubs his eyes with the back of his hands rather cutely before grabbing you by the waist and pulling you down with him.

You let out a surprised squeak at this and hear a small chuckle above your head. Soon the both of you are fast asleep, not knowing that each other is all the other dreams about that night.