Dimples

Kiara's p.o.v

"Kiki wake up"

I wake up to the sound of Jack telling me we will be late if I don't get up for school, I groan and stretch my tense body across the bed and feel my body ache as the memory of last night flash through my head.

Flashback:
I woke up to loud footsteps walking upstairs, I wake up the boys and tell them to hide under my bed. He walks into my room and my breathing hitches. I hear him walk up to me and I can hear the belt whipping the floor behind him.

"WAKE UP" he slurred. I could smell the alcohol on his breath and smell the sweat and b.o from not showering. Like ever. Gross...

I jumped and sat up. He dragged me by my ear and punched my head and face repeatedly and then kicked my stomach, dropped me to the floor and walked out without another word. The twins come out from under my bed, sniffling and I see their glassy eyes.

"Time?" I say like nothing had happened

"2:47am" Jack says. Kian helped me to the bed and soon sleep took over my body.

End of flashback

I get out of bed and do my hygienic things, I get dressed into black tights, a grey hoodie and my worn out converses, i head downstairs and see the twins. Jack is wearing black chinos with a orange Nike shirt and Kian is wearing beige chinos with a black puma hoodie. We head to school and say goodbye before going our seperate ways.

Lunch time was finally here and my whole body was aching from head to toe. I sat down at my usual table and saw the twins about to stand up from their table and walk to me and away from their friends, I shook my head no and mouthed stay, they nodded and gave me a small and cautious smile before sitting back down.

I lay my head down to catch up on the sleep I've missed and was starting to drift off when...

"Hey cutie"

Well there goes my sleep.

"Hey.. uhm... dimples?" I say awkwardly in more of a question tone when I see Riven sitting next to me, chuckling at my questioned nickname. I give him a small smile and he grins at me which exposes his cute little dimple and showing his pearly whites, I look over and see his friends Adrian, Cameron, Julia, Liam and Stephanie watching us with confused looks on their faces.

"I think your friends are waiting for you" I say shyly

"They can wait, I'd rather stay with you and know more about you" he responded giving me a small smile and was nervously scratching his neck.

I feel my cheeks heat up and start getting anxious until he lets out a chuckle and it instantly makes me relax.

What. Is. Happening.