Queensland, Australia

Kiara's p.o.v

School ended and today was a good day. At lunch I sat with Riven and his friends and they all welcomed me as if they've been my best friend since forever, which was really sweet. I waited out front for the twins and we head towards home. I hand my bag over to the boys and walk in first and when I go to walk in I get yanked in my my arm and thrown to the floor.

"STAY HERE, ILL BE BACK"

"Jack, Kian go to the back door and come in the house from there , okay ?" I say and they both give me a sad smile and nod , they then make their way to the back door.

"Ahhh so you didn't move and actually obeyed me" he walks towards me and I scramble off the floor and walk backwards and make contact with the door.

"You know, none of this would happen if you let me do it to the twins, you can run off and do what you like and I can take it out on them"

"I'll never let you touch them"

"Well then I guess you have to deal with it... You know what, how about today we talk about your mother?" He says with a sinister smile.

"You wouldn't" I spat out to him and he gave an evil chuckle.

"The story I told you about your mother, about how she ran away from us was a complete lie" my eyes filled with fire and anger, i was getting impatient and frustrated with his story.

"Do tell then" I say through gritted teeth. As I remember him telling me that my mum left us when I was 12 because she didn't want to parent anymore and didn't love my father, that's why I stick around and haven't told anyone about the abuse because I guess I pity him.

"Hah well, when you were younger, believe it or not, your mother and I actually loved each other. When you turned 10 your mother and I started arguing and I then slapped her because one of our arguments got so bad as she threatened to leave and I got mad. The next two years I started hurting her because she said that she hates me and wishes I would die but look where that got her. Dead."
I looked at him with so much disgust, anger and hatred and motioned on for him to explain.

"Do you remember that night, or did I bash you too much that you lost your memory" he says with sarcasm laced in his voice.

I then go wide eyed as I remember what had happened...

Flashback

Being tied to a wooden chair in the basement at our current house at the time in Queensland, Australia. I had tape on my mouth and all you could hear was my muffled screams. My father brought my mother down to the basement while the twins were upstairs sleeping and she was bruised and fragile. She looked at me with so much sorrow and her dull eyes were red and puffy from crying. He then did the unexpected. I couldn't help but scream but it only came out all muffled, i was yelling him to stop and tears were running down my cheeks. I kept yelling and yelling and he threatened he will kill me if I don't shut up. I stopped screaming and closed my eyes tightly so I didn't have to watch the event I witnessed. I heard everything, my fathers yelling, my mothers cries for help, everything and then my father yelled at me to watch what he was doing or he will kill the twins and so I watched...

My dad was meant to be my hero, at the time a 12 year old girl should never have witnessed what my dad did in front of me. He was meant to be a role model and look out for me. He was meant to be an over protective dad, scare the bullies, take me to a park, any normal thing a dad would do with his 12 year old daughter. Not this. I couldn't believe my eyes. It would be haunting me.