Freedom ?

Kiara's p.o.v

Riven and I talked the whole lunch, he asked me questions and to my surprise I asked them back. It went from questions as simple as what's your favourite colour? Or what's your favourite book? Song? Artist? Hobbies? Bucket list? This list of questions never ended. I asked him questions and learned his favourite colour is navy blue, his favourite song is September 16 by Russ, his favourite book is the Harry Potter series and his home life consists of just him and his mum.

"Are you close with your siblings?" He asked

"Yeah they're my best friends, we stick together no matter what" I squeaked out. He gives me another big grin and puts his hand on top of mine, I feel my cheeks heat up and he starts to observe my face, which probably still has some bruises and cuts showing slightly but hopefully the make up helped cover most of it to make it invisible.

"You have a really pretty face" he blurts and it makes me giggle.

"You too" I reply and he gives a light chuckle.

"I like how your blue eyes are like a baby blue and your brown hair is long and curls at the bottom" he said giving a friendly smile and I go awkward.

"Uhm thank you" I laugh out. We then continued our conversation and exchanged phone numbers and head to class.

After classes were finished I wait outside the front for the twins. Kian walks out first and we exchange hellos with a peck on the cheek.

"Where's jack?" I say

"Coming" Kian replies

Jack then walks out with a petite blonde hair girl with brown eyes and she is giggling like crazy while he is making jokes. They say goodbye to each other and he walk over to us with the biggest smile on his face.

"Sorry I'm late"

"Who is the girl?" I question

"Jack's got a girlfriend, Jack's got a girlfriend" Kian sings out and Jack's face flushes red.

"Stop her name is Caroline and she's cool" he says with the big smile appearing again.

"You like her don't you" I say

"Uhm yeah but don't tell her or anyone OR else" he says with a playful glare and points his finger at us. We all laugh and start our journey home together.

We walk in the front door after doing the usual routine but when I open the door the house is silent. I walk into the kitchen and see a note on the fridge. 'Be gone for a few days, staying in the city for work. BEHAVE' I call the boys downstairs and tell them to get ready because we are going out.

"Where's dad" Kian asks

"On a business trip"

I grab money from under his bed and take $50, knowing that he won't notice that money is missing. We head off and go to the cinema. We then decided we should go out and eat instead because we haven't done that ever since mum..

We were eating in a small Chinese's restaurant in town and I then see Riven and his friends walk over to us. I start to get nervous and Jack puts his hand on my shoulder assuring me it'll be okay.

It's time to face them and let go of the freedom from reality.