Dream or Reality

Kiara's p.o.v

Flashback 5 years ago

I was sweating and scared about what was happening. All I remember was my dad knocking me out and I woke up tied up to a chair, with tape on my mouth. I look straight and see that I'm in the basement which is weird because father never let us in the basement. The basement was indeed scary, it was dark and had no windows and had very dimmed lights. There was only two other chairs facing me, and a table in the left corner with what seemed like weapons. Whips, knives, bats and even tools from the shed, hammers, screwdrivers and a saw.

I look at the bland room and then the door flings open and in the right corner I see light at the very top of the stairs. My father comes tumbling in with my mother and throws her to the ground.

"MHMMM" I yell Mum but it's all muffled from the tape. She looks at me with sadness and teary eyes as she mouths I love you and I'll be okay to me. My father comes and turns towards me and sees that I am awake.

"Hello, dearest daughter" he says with an evil glint in his eyes. He walks towards me and kneels down so he is at my level.

"My dearest daughter you are about to watch some amazing entertainment" he says while he smirks. I struggle out of the chair trying to escape.

"Stop struggling otherwise you'll end up like your mother"

BANG

My father falls to the floor and I see my mother standing behind him with a silver platter in her hands. She goes to untie me when my dad tackles her to the ground. He bashes her until he decided to tie her hands together and puts tape over her mouth.

"Get ready for the show, Kiara" He says.

My hands are shaking and I close my eyes so tightly it feels as though they are glued together. I clench and unclench my fists and tell myself it'll be okay.

"Kiara, Watch otherwise your precious little brothers will die."

I open my eyes and see my dad unbuckling his belt while my mother is struggling out of his grip. He proceeds to rape her and I stare in shock and wish for this nightmare to end, I dig my nails into my palms to wake myself up but nothing is working. My mother is crying and screaming for help and my father just punches her every time she struggles. She ends up giving up and just lies there and lets him do whatever he wants to her. I pray to the lord that he stops and say sorry for all the bad things I've done but it's all muffled and he can't  hear me because of my mother's screams.

My eyes become watery and I start crying all I want to do is wake up.

Wake up Kiara, wake up please!!!

It's not a dream. I finally know now that it's not a dream. My father is raping and torturing my mother like he is hungry for blood. He brings a knife out and cuts her leg and you can hear her muffled screams. He gets a screwdriver and stabs each of her knuckles, he then whips her back and you can hear it like you're in the cinema watching a documentary of the medieval times and how they torture people.

I cry till I can't anymore just watching my dad torture my mum, every time I looked away he would threaten to kill the twins and I so I was forced to watch. He gets the saw and saws off her fingers and I watch in horror, he gets the knifes and stabs her and finally gets the bat and bashes her head till she was, what I thought at the time was unconscious but she was dead.

My father raped and killed my mother right in front of me and I was terrified on what he was capable of. My mind was arguing whether if it was a dream or reality.

It was reality and I had to live with the fact I'm abused by a pedophile and murderer.

End of flashback