Breath

Kiara's p.o.v

"Kiara, darling, time to wake up" I hear Riven speaking but I'm too tired to open my eyes.

"What's the time" I say sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

"5:30" he says ruffling his hair.

"We slept at school?"

"Yep, cross that off your bucket list" he says smiling.

"Ha Ha very funny"

"I try" he says grinning. We get up and pack up everything and leave around 6:30am.

"Do you want to go school today, darling?"

"Not really but do we have a choice"

He then smirks at me and intertwines our fingers and sighs.

"There's always a choice" and so we head back to my place and the boys are still sleeping.

"Boys" I say.

"Morning" Jack says stretching.

"Kian get up" he then flutters his eyes open and jumps out of bed in a fright.

"OH MY GOD ARE WE LATE? DID I SLEEP IN? NONONO" He says jumping and rushing around the house like a madman.

"Kian calm down it's only 7, you still have an hour till school" and with those words leaving Riven's mouth, Kian flops down face first on to his bed and lets out a sigh of relief.

"Thank the lord" he says but comes out muffled.

"Why dont you want to be late?"I say

"Because we are meant to drive Caroline and Lia to school today" Jack says and I stare at them in awe.

"That's a bit cute"

"Shut up" the twins mumble. I pinch their cheeks and go get ready for school.

"Want to skip today?" Riven asks.

"Mhmm yeah alright, I'm really tired"

We drop the boys off at school and Riven drops me off at home and heads to his place to shower and get ready to come back over.

*Knock knock*

"COMING" I quickly put on a jumper and gym shorts and head towards the door and I see Riven in tears, his hands are bloody, his hair is dripping wet which tells me he had just finished showering and his clothes are covered in dry blood and dirt.

"Riven, oh my, what happened?" I say and grab his arm carefully and lead him inside and place him on to the couch.

"She-ee - she- she's— de- dead..." he says and places his head into his hands and breaks down. I sit next to him and rub his back and try to comfort him as much as I can. I give him time to breath and cry and tell me what has happened, he finally calmed down and so I asked the question even though I didn't want to.

"Who?" I say and he leans his head on my shoulder.

"I have no one left, I'm going to die next. Aren't I?" He says and stands up, pacing around and gripping his hair and tugging.

" hey hey hey, what happened? Who's dead, sweet? Nothings going to happen to you, I promise, I'll be with you till the end" I say and take his hands in mine.

"Now breath, darling" I say and he focuses on breathing in and out with his eyes closed. I sit him down on the carpet with my hands still holding his. We sit cross legged and just sit in silence and you hear his silent sobs in between his shaky breaths.

"She's dead, Kiara. Why'd she have to go?" He says.

"Who?" I say, he stiffens and grips my hands tighter. Then he tells me everything, he tells me who it was, how he found her, how it happened, he saw the whole thing unravel, he will forever have that memory imprinted in his head and I don't know how to help.