Selfish and broken

Riven's p.o.v

My arms let go of the railing and my legs get ready to launch.

"Riven, please. I'm just as broken as you. I haven't opened up to you yet because it's so hard. Come back and I'll explain everything" I can hear her sobs in between her sentence but that is combined with a ringing noise which outweighs her sentence. My conscience is telling me to jump but my heart is telling me that Kiara needs me more than I need her.

"I don't deserve you, Kiara" and all I hear is her scream as I fall down the balcony.

Kiara's p.o.v

"AHHHH RIVEN" I run downstairs to the backyard with all my might. He actually jumped. Oh my god. I quickly call the ambulance and rush to him to make sure he's still breathing. I check his pulse and he is barely breathing.

"I'm so sorr-yy Riv-vvenn. I shou-ld-should've-tol-ld you how much-ch I-I-I ne-need you-u, how much you m-m-mean to me, I'm so        sor-ryy" before I know it I get pulled away from him and he gets places on to the stretcher carefully, the person leads me inside the ambulance and we take off to the hospital.

"Miss, what happened?" I stare at the floor and feel the tears rush down my face but don't bother wiping them.

"He jumped off the balcony." I begin to sob.

"I-I t-tried -t-t-t-o-oo he-l-lp him, I-mm sorr-Sorry" he rubs my back and I look over to the doctors trying to help Riven but it hurts too much to look for longer than 3 seconds.

"He will be okay, Miss"

"Kiara" i say and he gives me a smile.

"He'll be okay, Kiara. Don't worry"

We arrive at the hospital and the rush him to the E.R room. I call the twins and tell them where I am and the said they will be here as fast as they can.

"OVER THERE" I see Kian and Jack run to where I am seated and I jump up and get embraced into a big hug that includes the both of them.

"Are you okay?" Jack says and Kian slaps the back of his head.

"You never ask a girl if she's okay" I smile a bit from Kian's comment.

"How is he?" Kian says and I shrug and sit back down.

"Hey it will be okay" jack says rubbing my back. I put my head in my hands and try and stop the tears that threaten to fall.

"Miss Summers?" I jump up.

"Yes that's me" she tells me to follow her and I give the boys a reassuring smile and tell them to stay put. She leads me to one of the rooms and opens the door.

"Mr Black has encountered countless of injuries. He has broken his right leg, four ribs, his left shoulder, his right hand, 7 toes and he has a minor head injury. He will be okay but it will take 6 weeks for everything to heal beside the head injury which will take 8 weeks. Take care of him and I would also advise him to go to a therapist." After she finished explaining I say thank you and I ask her if she could grab the twins. I walk into the room and I see him lying on the bed staring at the ceiling.

"Hey" I say awkwardly. He looks at me and smiles and tells me to sit next to him.

"I'm sorry I put you through that Kiara. I'm not in the right head space"

"It's okay, we are all weak at time but you need to see someone about this" I hold his left hand and he squeezes mine.

"I know" he says.

"Are you okay?" We say at the same time and chuckle.

"No" we both answer.

"Look Riven, I'm sorry that you haven't had the best life but seeing you so vulnerable and weak and... when you jumped" I tried to stop the tears from falling but failed.

"I thought I had lost you, I had that same feeling when I lost my mum and when I lost my dad and I never thought I would feel that again but I felt it and I didn't know what to do or how to help and you deserve so much better because I'm so clueless and I hate myself for it"

"Hey hey, darling. I'm so sorry I made you feel like this. You open up to me whenever you need to. I'm sososos sorry I haven't been a good boyfriend and I want you to know I'm here for you and I'm never going now. Not even trying. I know how broken I am and I know I don't deserve you but sometimes you have to be selfish" he kisses my hand and I smile.

"we are both selfish and broken, love" I say and kiss him.