Lovestruck

Riven's p.o.v

I wake up the next morning on the right side of the bed and in the best mood.

Even though it's a monday...

I brush my teeth and change into black jeans and a navy blue v neck and with my white, worn out converses so I can match shoes with Kiara unintentionally when really it is my intention.

I make my way downstairs into the kitchen and i greet my lovely mother and have a little conversation with her while packing four triple chocolate chip cookies in my backpack for Kiara and I. I kiss my mum of the cheek and walk into the garage to my car. I put on the radio and head my way to school, in about 10 minutes I arrive at school and head to my friends with a big grin on my face.

"Hey Riven, you're in a good mood" Stephanie says.

"The best mood" I reply back.

"He got some last night" Cameron snorts out loud.

"Nah she is different, I can see a future with her"

"Bro you are lovestruck and whipped" Liam says with a smile.

"You're going to have girlfriend soon and we thought we would never live to see the day" Julia said with a giggle.

"Why not" I pout.

"Feelings are overrated, I mean that's why I don't do relationships and only do hookups" Adrian says mimicking me when we had that conversation.

"That my dear friend was a year ago, I have changed into a new man"

They all stare at me wide eyed with a jaw dropping expression and I can't help but laugh hysterically. They then knock back into reality and just look at me with a confused look.

"You guys are dumb" I say with a chuckle.

"But you love us" Cameron responds while putting his arm around me.

"Yeah yeah, I'm going to head off and find Kiara, see you guys" They all say bye and I make my way towards her locker and see her leaning on it and what looks like she's holding herself up. I walk up to her and hug her from behind.

"Hey" I say with my head on her shoulder.

"Hello Riven" she says while turning around.

"Are you okay?" I say when I notice that she looks really tired but still as beautiful as ever.

"Yeah, just didn't get much sleep" she says while giving me a small smile and playing with her fingers. I look at her and just think about how grateful I am to have a girl like this in my life but I know she is lying to me because she tends to play with her fingers to stop her from blurting out the truth. Even though I know she's lying I know not to pester her about it because it'll push her away more.

"I'm here for you Kiara, I hope you know that"

"Of course I do and same goes to you. I have to get to English but I'll see you next period in history?" She says with a smile.

"Of course, I wouldn't miss it for the world" I say. She gives me a peck on my cheek and walks towards her classroom. I touch my cheek on where she kissed and still feel the burning sensation and just hope that feeling never fades.

"Oh and Riven" I turn to look at Kiara staring at me with a wide grin.

"Yes, my dear?"

"Nice shoes" she says and giggles like an angel and turn to continue her walk to class. I can't help to chuckle at her comment and just watch the beautiful girl walk towards her class.

Wow I am lovestruck.