Goodnight Kiara Summers

Kiara's p.o.v

"Allow us to introduce ourselves" the lady says

"I'm Andrea Lee and this is Rye Coon" she says gesturing towards her and the guy.

"We heard about the situation with your father and it wouldn't be acceptable to have you guys living alone with no adult supervision"

"Uhm Miss, I'll be 18 in a few months so don't need to worry about us, we can handle ourselves"

"We know but it's part of the law to have children under 18 to have a supervisor that is an 18+ guardian." Rye says.

"I'll do it" the voice from behind me says.

"Riven?" The twins and I say at once.

"Yeah I'll be the guardian until you turn 18"

"Really?" I say with an emotional feeling that I don't know how to explain.

"Really." He says giving me a smile.

"It's settled let me just get some paperwork and we will be done but Riven?"

"Yes?"

"You'll have to live here or they will have to live with you, is that okay because we can put them into a foster home"

"It's perfectly fine"

Two hours later and the paperwork was all done. Finally. The strangers leave and say they'll come for a monthly check up to see if he's actually living with us and how we are doing.

"Are you actually living with us Riv?" I say.

"No but they don't need to know that"he says with a smirk and a wink.

"Oh thank god" I soon regret my choice of vocabulary when hurt is clear expression on his face.

"Riven i didn't mean it like that, I mean we aren't even official and like living together? With a boy I'm dating? Not yet, maybe when we are older and officially together then we can but like right now we should stick with sleepover and-" I start rambling and he finally cuts me off.

"It's okay, darling, I understand" he says with a small smile and I still feel guilty.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, don't be mad" I say looking at my shoes. He puts his index finger underneath my chin and tilts my head up.

"I could never be mad at you, how about I come here tomorrow and stay the night?" My smile grows and I nod my head repeatedly and he chuckles.

"Alright darling, it's a date!!" He exclaims.

"I have to go now but I'll see you tomorrow" I nod my head and walk him outside.

"Goodnight Kiara Summers"

"Goodnight Riven Black" And we that he gives me a quick kiss and heads off home.

I walk inside completely and utterly exhausted. The boys are already asleep and I go to have a shower. I look at the clock and it's 12:30am and I am dreading going to school tomorrow. I get into the shower, brush my teeth and change into my Batman t shirt and black nike bike shorts. I then head to bed thinking of only one person.

Riven Black.