Cønjecture

While being gently rocked, a warmth caresses Daniel's body like a knowing lover's passionate lips nipping indiscriminately.  A light wind cascades over his skin with a feather light touch, prickling the heated areas nudging the insensate torso. Naked bruised skin awakens to the languishing goosebumps. Eyelids flutter up and down, unsure of the direction of sunrays which are all too bright to pounce open all at once. 

Mmmmm.. Is this what it feels like to be dead? I thought we were supposed to have a new body and not feel pain. mmphh.. The warmth feels good sinking into my bones, but from where is that insidious wind emanating that is competing with the warmth? 

Sloshing and lapping of waves filter through his ears beckoning his awakening brain. As he turns his head from the intense light source towards port quarter of the boat, his eyes open to the horizon filled a periwinkle blue sky and lofty natural puffy clouds, without evidence of chemtrails that normally inundate his normal earthly purview resembling scars upon the back of Gaia.  

Realization sets in, "AACCCKKK!!! DAMMIT.. I should have let him tie our boats together!! FUCKITALL!! I let my fear once again drag him into something he should not have been. He has perished.. But yet I live.. alive.. somewhere.." 

Daniel turns his head to starboard quarter as a peculiar shadow casts itself across his deck. Half-expecting a cloud blocking the intense luminosity, instead a long neck of a beast with a scaly head fashioned with glinting black amber orbs greeted his sight.  Daniel's heart skips beats at the sounds of heavy footsteps planting themselves upon the deck. A huddling throng of shadows donning hairy faces and pointy leather shoes gaze down upon his torso battered from the elements. Daniel's mind prattles, "I sure hope this is not Kansas, Toto. But I'm thinking this is totally off-grid..." 

The multifarious figures scrutinize Daniel's painfully writhing body. All were dressed in red and green tunics belted at their waists that came down just above their knees. Upon some of their heads, a metal or leather helmet encircling the eyes and down the nose bridges meeting long moustaches and short goatees with side hair braids visible. Among the looming forms, Daniel's eyes latch onto the image of a familiar soul.. It can't be.. But yet, same facial features, penetrating green orbits, and unforgettable scent. 

"Jack, is that you?" Daniel asks barely audible whisper. 

A hush falls over the leather clad crowd as they slowly back away, leaving but only the figure whom Daniel addressed. 

"WWho are you? Who maketh ye aware of thoust name, Jaakko, fore-token?" the figure howls in disbelief. 

"My name is Daniel. You remarkably resemble someone whom I lost in the storm," Daniel voices cautiously. 

"What storm? Thor has not cast his shadow along this sea insomuch a moon," Jaakko discloses. 

"He followed whence I guided my ship amid a black tempest and enormous maelstrom in the ocean," Daniel divulges.  

"Thor must have been fighting against the giants or Jormungand, the Midgard serpent. I hope against the latter. Each time they battle could mean that Ragnarok has begun, the end of the world! Thor must have taken favour upon you as you fell under his protection. Your neck is adorned by the talisman of our faith. Which remindeth me of our journey to claim retribution and pillage the land of those who slaughtered our kind for refusing to convert to the foreigners' god."

"We shall see the horror and loss of faith in their god, when they meet the swift vengeance of sword," proclaims a figure hidden among the throng. 

"You're voyaging to ransack Lindisfarne, the Holy Island, Northern England, home of the Scotts, aren't you?" Daniel verifies. 

"How do you know that?!!" gasped the Longbow ship's crew.