Discløsure

Danny's subconscious enterprise takes him from hypnagogia to an induced state of primordial lucidity. His physical and emotional core perceives warmth and protection by burrowing his anterior into an unknown yet familiar source. A soft nap brushes and pillows his unexposed cheek, while a musk scent seduces his olfactory senses like a Siren. An annoying buzzing sound plucks at his auditory nerves, while a sudden yet momentary absence of the glowing warmth disgruntles Daniel's torso. Once the emanating pot belly stove rekindles the surgency of warmth against Danny's skin, a low masculine voice futilely brushes the cobwebs of his hibernation.  

"You have a tight grip during your sleep, man," Richard verbally nudges. 

"Hmmm?...Whawt?...Huhh?" Daniel groggily inquires. 

Richard wrestles from Daniel's deathly backward bear hug and rolls over to face him.  

"Your hold on me, Danny. I haven't been able to move in at least an hour. Not that I'm complaining. Although, there is the matter of some rigid instrument pressing into my backside, that I believe belongs to you?' Richard grins widely

"Whoops! Ohh shit.  Sorry. I'm not sure what I was dreaming of umm.. to place me in the position you haplessly discovered," Daniel apologizes drowsily. 

Richard interrupts Daniel's sleepy confessions by covering his lips with his own.  Daniel's body jerks involuntarily within Richard's grasp, then slowly nestles into his strong embrace. As their lips part, Daniel's breath escapes in a long satisfying exhalation.  Richard notes how the sun streaming through the blinds shimmers in Daniel's hair. He could swear that when Danny eyes fluttered open to the sun's rays, he witnessed the universal event horizon in perihelion.  

An audible gasp escapes Richard's lungs which signals Daniel to converge his sights intently upon Richard's agape expression. Daniel's fingertips lightly trace Richard's moistened lips, tickled by the dark-haired goatee perigee and conversely the lines that radiate from the corners of Richard's inflamed kisser.  

"Umm, we probably should be getting up, although I do very much want to revisit this position later on tonight, if possible?"  inquires Richard as the ten minute snooze seemingly scolds their coupling.

"Yeah, sure.  And I need a shower and coffee, although not necessarily in that order," Daniel light-heartedly quips.

"Would you like for me to prepare some breakfast or pick up something on the way?" offers Richard. 

"I don't want to burden you with that. We can run through McDoodle's drive-thru, if you want?" counters Daniel

"Ohhh... don't trust my master chef skills, huh?" Richard playful chides. 

"Just hush that talk! You can cook for me tonight, or we can do Chinese?" Daniel contrasts.  

"Actually, I want to DO you, instead! But I will settle for Chinese if I must," laments Richard half-heartedly. 

On the way to the earthen dig site, Richard describes the checking-in process, procedures for walking around the site under the omni-present watch of government officials.  

"I feel like we're heading into Area-51 under the radar instead of an academic venture,"  Daniel conjures. 

"If you only knew.. And you will soon," Richard cautions ominously. 

After passing through checkpoint Charlie, Richard parks in his usual spot near the conservancy grounds. Daniel gets the feeling of being watched and looks casually into the direction of the haunting feeling.   

"Who is that watching us over by the plateau to our left," Daniel mutters to Richard without moving his lips.  

"If it's who I think it is, be careful of what you say and how you answer any of his questions. I'm sure he's been alerted to a new face on the site,"  warns Richard in similar mime fashion.