Chapter 21

Feeling frozen solid I stand there in the icy cold air staring at the ground, my face is numb and my heart is pounding. All I want at this moment is for it to stop beating.

I felt broken, and sick.

Ed’s shoes step into focus and his hand touches my arm, I jerk away from him and my vision begins to cloud over with a red haze.

“Don’t touch me!”

I scream out and recoil from his touch, his eyes pleading with me. 

His face sunken with a look of desperation, tears welling up in his blue eyes.

“Just hear me out please?”

My hands ball up into fists, the whites of my knuckles showing as hot water begins streaming down my face and I speak in a soft whisper.

“You tricked me… into believing  you loved me…”

He took a step closer to me then and my eyes flicked up to his face once again, I was still so intoxicated that I was seeing two of him and it was over whelming.

“I tricked you? No Loren listen she kissed me ok! I would never-“

His arms reached out to me again and his skin touched mine, for the first time ever his skin on mine didn’t make me feel loved. Now it just felt like he was invading my personal space, his touch was uninvited and so was his presence. I flinch away quickly from his grip then lurch forward to push him in his chest sending him staggering  backwards.

“It’s over, ok! whatever we were it’s over!”

My voice cracking with emotion as I scream at him, tears pouring from my eyes down onto the cold road beneath us.

He shook his head at me and began biting down on his lip, his face drained of all colour and a single tear rolling down his pale cheek.

“No please don’t do this, ok she forced herself onto me! You know how I feel about you Loren, why would I jeopardize everything for one kiss with someone like her?”

My body was starting to ache and I was really starting to feel ill, I closed my eyes for a moment and when they reopened the scene had changed. 

I was sitting on the hard floor with my back against the brick again, Ed’s hands around my face.

“Are you ok!?”

Panic was etched over his features as he slowly grows into focus.

ED’S POV-

Her green eyes flutter open and her face begins to stretch into a smile, before her memory kicks in and the hurt I have caused her spreads over her face like fire. She pulls her face away from my hands and begins to slowly stand, her legs shaking and she looks as if she is about to fall over again.

Just as I reach out to catch her, another pair of arms appear. 

Henry had Loren by the waist and he let out a smug chuckle.

“Well looks like someone’s had a bit too much to drink, thanks but I’ve got it from here Sheeran. I’ll drive her home.”

My first reaction was disgust, just the thought of Henry with Loren made me feel anger like I never have before.

There was no way I would let Henry be alone with her while she is this incoherent.

He has a reputation for taking advantage of drunk girls, I’ve even seen him in action myself while at a party months ago, he was with a girl called Lindsey Patterson. Needless to say she moved schools after that party.