Chapter 25

It took just under an hour to drive to our campsite, if you could call it that.

It was really just a small clearing in the woods, with our tents up and our chairs all ready, it really did look quite beautiful here.

The boys head off into the trees and begin collecting fire wood just a few meters away, as soon as they were out of ear shot Holly and Jade pounced.

They both pulled me down onto a chair and began questioning me as they took their own seats beside me.

Jade was the first to speak, her red hair was always so distracting. 

“Dude what the hell is going on with you two? You guys are giving me whiplash!”

I open my mouth to speak before Holly interrupts.

“Are you together? Cause I heard you left the bar last weekend with Henry?”

I could feel my palms beginning to sweat and I could feel my leg nervously bouncing up and down rapidly.

“I don’t know, were just friends at the moment ok and Henry took me home, that’s all.”

Holly seemed disappointed from my lack of details, but I was hardly going to share the almost rape story with them.

“Well for what it’s worth I’m sorry Missy got her claws into Ed but you shouldn’t think too much into it. Girls like that use being drunk as an excuse to be slutty and you know Ed would pick you over her any day. I’ve seen the way he looks at you Loren.”

Jade gave me a reassuring pat on the shoulder and I gave her a small smile, I turn to Holly and smile at her hair which she so skilfully braided.

Eager to change the subject I begin talking about tonight.

“So are we all sharing a tent? How is this working out cause there are three tents and five people?”

Jade quickly leaves her chair and walks away leaving me alone with Holly.

“Well we kinda decided on the way over here it would be best if Jade and I shared a tent and Matt and Vinny want the big blue tent because they called dibs so we figure you and Ed could just share? I mean it’s not like you haven’t slept together before right?”

I had to bite down on my lip to resist yelling at Holly for planning this all along but I knew it wouldn’t do any good so I sigh as I leave my seat and begin putting my stuff in my tent along with Ed’s.

The boys return with arms full of dead wood and kindling and it didn’t take Matt long to get a roaring fire started.

We all huddled around it with long sticks and marshmallows, Holly was constantly complaining about lack of reception and Jade and Matt were snuggling together on one chair.

Vinny began handing out beer to everyone and I reluctantly took one from him, after last weekend I had no intention of having to many. However all of the boys were already onto their third round.

“We should play spin the bottle!”

All eyes turned to Vinny and everyone’s reaction was the same, Matt leaned forward and laughed.

“That’s not happening Vin!”

Vinny began taking long swigs out of his beer before speaking again.

“Everyone’s all paired up except for me, this sucks.”

Jade shook her head and pointed out the obvious.

“Holly is single too.”

I turned to face Holly who was sitting beside me, her face turning bright red. Instead of Vinny making a move on Holly his dark eyes turned to me.