Chapter 13

When the song finished the crowd of single people began to flood the dance floor again, Ed moved his lips to my ear and began whispering.

“I know how we can get out of here” I smiled at this and spoke softly.

“How, Maybe we should leave now”

Ed looked at me and gave me a surprised smile,

“Well my feet are killing me that’s all”

He walked away and picked up my shoes for me, I quickly put them back on and let out a small yelp of pain. Ed took my hand in his and began pulling me towards the back of the hall and into the corridor, at the very end of it was the exit. A small man with thick black glasses was keeping guard of it, he was staring out the clear glass doors while talking into his phone, I turned to Ed and expected him to look some what defeated. He let go of my hand and picked up and empty card board box that once held Coke, then signaled me to pick one up also, He started walking towards the exit and I followed close behind. I started to bit my bottom lip nervously as we got closer and closer, when we reached the door Ed began pushing through it before the man stepped in front of us with a shocked look.

“Hold your horses there mate! No students are allowed to leave yet”

Ed gave the teacher a confused look followed by a small smile

“We were just told by Mr.Flannigan to put these in the trash outside because there causing a tripping hazard”

I couldn’t believe Ed had come up with that so quickly, I turned to the teacher and he seemed convinced. I smiled at the man and he graciously opened the door for us before shouting out,

“Don’t be long.”

Ed picked up the pace and I hurried along beside him, when we rounded the corner  Ed placed his box on the floor and I did the same. His hand grabbed mine and we started running towards his car in the dark, the only form of light was that of the moon from above, my feet were throbbing and I had to stop.

“Ed please, I can’t run in these shoes.” I could see his eyes travel up and down my body, what was he thinking about? He took a step towards me and scooped me up in his arms swiftly. I gasped and gripped onto his shoulders tightly as he began jogging towards his car.

“Put me down!” I said while smacking his chest lightly, he let out a laugh and only put me down when we reached his car.

“Don’t ever do that… again!” I said with a laugh while getting in his car.

We drove to his place while listening to Damien Rice on the radio, I handed him a cigarette and we both lit them up. When we started pulling into Ed’s driveway I noticed his body going tense.

“What? what’s wrong?”He turned to me with disappointment etched all over his face.

“My parents are home.” I looked out the front window and noticed the lights in the top of the house were on.

“Oh I see.”I lean back into the seat and look at him.

“I guess were going to have to be really quiet.” He said with a smirk.

He continued driving and pulled up at the back of his house, he turned the car off and faced me with a very serious expression.

“Ok see that window there? That’s my bedroom, it’s open so all you need to do is slide it across and step inside and I’ll meet you there. Promise.”

Before I could speak he leaned forward and kissed me, he turned away and jumped out of the car leaving me to sit there in the dark. I silently got out of the car and quickly walked to his window, I placed my freezing fingers on it and began to slide it over. His room was pitch black and I was worried I would land somewhere I shouldn’t, I reluctantly lifted my leg over and pushed my body inside. I stumbled and landed on the floor with a small thud.