Chapter 7

That afternoon I waited for Ed at the front gates, I leant back against the fence and pulled out a cigarette. I noticed a dark shadow cross infront of me and I assumed it was Ed, I turned around with a smile on my face only to be disappointed.

“You know those things will kill you, you’re Loren right?”

I looked at the strangers dazzling smile, he was tall with the same skin color as my own. Dark curly brown hair that slightly fell over his face, he was very handsome.

“Right.”

“Well hi, I’m Henry. I’m actually in your history class I’m surprised you haven’t noticed me, I’ve certainly noticed you”

Wow Henry sure was forward.

“Oh ok well nice to meet you Henry but sorry I’m actually waiting for someone.”

I strained my neck to look around Henry wondering were Ed could be. No sign of him.

Henry didn’t get the hint and instead he came through the gate and stood right infront of me, a bit to close for comfort actually.

“Well listen I’m having a party tomorrow night, you should come. You can bring that Sheeran guy too if you want, just as long as he doesn’t take up all your time” He gave me a wink followed by a smile. This guy was starting to bother me, where the hell was Ed!

ED’S POV-

Thanks to my maths teacher that class took up an extra ten minutes, I wonder if I start running now I could maybe still catch up with Loren. 

I sped through the school hoping to make in time, as I rounded the final corner I stopped dead in my tracks. At first I felt relieved, there she was blonde wavy hair falling down her back like a golden waterfall. Who was she talking to, it took me a while to figure out she was talking to Henry Michaels. He was the male version of Missy Johnson, everyone craved his attention. Not quite sure why, in my opinion he was a total twat.

I hung back a bit watching him flirt with her, it made my skin feel hot and my head ache. Just as I predicted everyone was starting to take notice of her. Henry moved forward on Loren putting his hands on the fence behind her so he could lean closer, what happened next was a pleasant surprise.

Loren ducked under his arm gave him a small smile and a pat on the back, she wasn’t interested? 

Her green eyes found me and I gave her a small wave, she pushed through the gate and walked briskly towards me. She knocked the wind out of me then as she threw her arms around my waist, hugging me like she had done earlier. It was different this time, she buried her face in my neck and squeezed me tightly. I placed one hand on the back of head, the small bump still there from before, and the other arm around her torso. She moved her lips to my ear and whispers,

“Is he still looking?”

This was embarrassing, I clearly read to much into this hug. She was trying to make Henry look foolish but funnily enough I was happy to play along.

I look over Loren’s shoulder and I could see Henry’s scowl from here.

“Yeah he is” I said with a breathy laugh.

She mumbled something in my ear then, I didn’t quite catch it though.

“Huh?”

“Move your hand lower!”

I obliged and moved my hand from her torso down to the small of her back, my heart was beginning to race. I look at Henry once again and notice him walking away, I pull away from Loren quickly.