Why Buffy? *Muffy*

Marty had decided to help Buffy home after the marathon meaning she wanted to ride on his back.

He agreed because he didn't want her to get hurt even more and practically dropped her on the couch in her house.

He went and got ice and told her to put it where her leg hurt.

Then he got them each a large glass of ice water.

"Why Buffy,"Marty asked,"Why did you have to run the marathon even though you have no training?"

"Because Marty, I have to show that I can do it,"Buffy said.

"You can do so much but you can't be good at everything,"Marty said.

"I can and I will be,"Buffy said sternly.

"No you won't,"Marty responded,"You can tell me if there's something else. Something that may have more to do with why you have to do everything?"

Buffy turned away from him silently.

"Buffy,"Marty said reaching out and grabbing her hand.

"Marty...,"Buffy said starting to move her hand away while turning to Marty.

Marty quickly leaned in and kissed her.

Buffy pulled away and Marty looked down.

"Marty, you have a girlfriend,"Buffy said.

"Not anymore,"Marty said looking up at her.

"What,"Buffy said.

"She broke up with me. Said that I was spending too much time with friends and we never got to see each other,"Marty said.

"I'm so sorry Marty,"Buffy said.

"It's fine, really. But I want to talk about why you have to be good at everything,"Marty said.

Buffy went back to her not talking and looking away.

"Buffy,"Marty tried again.

"How about we talk but why you kissed me instead,"Buffy said turning to Marty.

He looked at her before saying,"I kissed you because I like you Buffy. I still do and always have,"Marty said,"Now back to you and being good at everything."

"I hate you Marty,"Buffy said rolling her eyes.

"Awww, you know I love you too,"Marty said.

Buffy just groaned trying to reposition but wincing and grabbing her leg.

"You have to stay still and ice it,"Marty said,"So you are not going anywhere and you are going to have to answer me sooner or later."

"Can I choose or,"Buffy asked.

Marty shook his head.

"Fine ask me the question then,"Buffy said.

"Okay, why do you have to be good at everything,"Marty asked reaching for his water.

"Not that question,"Buffy said.

"Then what,"Marty asked taking a drink of his water.

"You know something like 'Buffy, will you go out with me' and then I say something like 'yeah, sure, sounds like fun' and then we go on a date,"Buffy said.

Marty gagged on his water trying not to spit it all over the place.

"W-What,"Marty said.

"Still wasn't the question,"Buffy said.

"Did you just say that you would say yes if I asked you out again,"Marty asked.

"I'm hearing alot of questions but not the one I want to hear,"Buffy said.

"Okay Buffy, Will you go out with me,"Marty askes.

"Yeah, sure, sounds like fun,"Buffy said nonchalantly.

Marty was still in shock when Buffy grabbed the tv remote and started browsing.

"Can we please talk about what just happened,"Marty asked.

"No, I'm gonna find a movie and you can go get snacks,"Buffy said.

Marty got up and made some popcorn and grabbed some candy for the two of them before sitting down next to Buffy.

She had turned on some Australian soccer movie with a character that looked alot like her. (Hehehe)

Still confused he set the snacks down on the table in front of him.

Buffy reached over a grabbed his arm, putting it over her shoulders.

"Gosh, it's like you've never been on a date before,"Buffy said,"No wonder she broke up with you."

"I still have no idea what's happening,"Marty said.

After the movie was over Marty had to go home and Buffy was able to walk him to the front door.

"Was that our first date,"Marty asked.

Buffy nodded simply.

"Okay, great,"Marty said.

Buffy opened the door and Marty stepped outside.

"The date was a pretty good distraction though,"Buffy said.

"Huh,"Marty said.

"Well I never had to answer why I had to be good at everything, "Buffy said.

"Buffy,"Marty exclaimed.

And with that, she shut the door.