Chapter 18

Starlyn's Point Of View

I was running as fast as I could, I had to get away, to tell someone. I looked behind me and saw nothing but continued run, not taking any chances. I looked forward as I ran into the road but I didn't look to the side I heard the wheels screech coming to a stop, just before it hit me.

I threw my hands on the hood of the car for balance so I didn't fall over. My head was down, breathing hard. I looked up to see the person but when I did oI felt relived to see them but my head felt dizzy, I laid on the car to keep me up. I tried to stay awake but that seemed impossible. I heard the car door slam and people talking. Blabbering on I was to out of it to comprehend what they were saying.

I felt someone grab my arms and lift me up, they dragged me around the car and helped me get in the back.

"Don't worry we will get you safe." I heard Luke say before I couldn't take it anymore and let my head slip into the dark.

*****

I woke up in the hospital, my parents and the boys all sitting around the room. They all hugged me when they saw I was up. The door opened and the doctor came in telling me I was ok to go, but to take it easy, because I had a few cracked ribs. He was surprised that I was able to run as much as I did, but that adrenaline covered up some of the pain. 

After he left two sheriffs came in and told me that they need to take me in for questioning. So Calum gave me clothes that he brought and I got up and changed. It hurt like hell, and I almost fell out of bed but Calum caught me and helped me into the loo. 

I was currently changing into the clothes very slowly if I might add because of all the pain. I finished  washed my hands, and excited the loo to an empty room. I looked around for the rest of my stuff but it was gone. I walked over to the door, as my hand inched to the handle the door sprung open making me jump and then wince in pain.

"Oh shit sorry babe." Calum said pulling me into a hug, making me relax in his arms once again.

"Its fine, but can we go now? I just want to go home." I said into his chest.

He rubbed circles on my back, but sighed. "You have to go in for questioning, but we can after that, just me and you." He said pulling out of the hug and kissing me on the forehead.

I slightly smiled and he grabbed my hand leading me out of the room and down the hallway towards the main exit.

*******

"The sheriff with be with you in a moment," the lady said walking out of the square room. I sat in a dark and cold gray room, a table in the middle a chair that was empty across from me. 3 of the walls were plain except the 4th wall was mostly covered with glass mirror.

It kinda creeped me out that there was other people on the other side of the wall watching me. I have watched a lot of CSI to know this and I don't like it. I feel like I am this alien that they are watching, taking test, examining, I just don't like it. It makes my skin crawl.

"Can you please hurry up and get in here and question me so you can start looking for Olympia and  so I can go home and rest?" I said knowing that they were listing.

A few minutes later the door opened and one of the sheriffs from the hospital walked in. "Hello Miss. Buckner, sorry to keep you waiting." He said sitting down in the chair across from me.

"It's ok... can we please just get this over with so you can find my best friend. I don't know if you haven't figured this out yet but she is kinda in a lot of danger right now and I would appreciate it if we can start looking." I said crossing my arms.